AP SPANISH 2003 - OFFICIAL FORUM

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP SPANISH 2003 - OFFICIAL FORUM
By Ivyhope (Ivyhope) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:04 pm: Edit

Did anyone take the AP Spanish test today? I thought the essay was more difficult than some of the practice ones I had taken, but I thought in general the test was OK. Does anyone know any raw-scaled score conversions to get a 4 or a 5?

By Jk9903 (Jk9903) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:11 pm: Edit

Ugh, I thought the test was awful. Ironically, I thought the essay was the best part :-/.

By Ivyhope (Ivyhope) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

what did you think was so horrible about it?

By Ccsgrl (Ccsgrl) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Agree with Jk9903. for some reason, I though the cloze passages were very hard. the readings were a lot easier than i expected...but then i took the free-response and completely blew. environment never came up in my utterly-worthless AP class and the only vocab i knew were like "arbol" and "environment-o". The essay was cake (in term of thesis) cuz we did a very similar essay in class, but grammar-wise, i dunno. jeez, my entire class is screwed. two days b4 the exam, my teacher gave us a statistical analysis of the passing rate: "I won't tell u who will pass or not b/c i would get in trouble w/ the administration and because its highly unethical...but 7 out of 28 of you will pass and the rest will fail. i anticipate a 30% passing rate and no more. you guys are lazy...blah blah balh" its unreal how much she sucks. every single student in my class is relatively intelligent than the average kids nationwide and our passing rate is like 40% lower than nat'l average- WTF

By X41x (X41x) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:07 pm: Edit

i took the exam today. god damn it was stupid. who the hell cares bout the corn or some chick and "la poller".....damn...oh and the taping was stupid....for the 6 photos, the 2 minutes went by TOO FAST..i think it was like 1 minute...does anyone else think so too? i was on the third picture and it went BEEP!..oh yeah the girl who had an idea i called her la nina negra. rofl.

By Ivyhope (Ivyhope) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

i also think that the questions at the end were very hard. personally, i dont really care about convincing a friend to start a recycling program so it was difficult to come up with ideas in english, let alone in spanish... but the errors and the reading i thought were pretty easy

By Steffie1212002 (Steffie1212002) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:50 pm: Edit

It would take an act of God for me to have passed the Spanish test. Reading comp was easy, but everything else -- omg it was wack, esp the environmental quesions. I heard you only have to get 50% to pass, tho.

By Minority (Minority) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 07:14 pm: Edit

guys, no se apuren.

i heard 60% gives you a 5. The grade distribution is amazing for the AP Spanish test and I don't think that owes itself only to native speakers.

I'm a native speaker and even I screwed up the speaking; I loved the picture sequence (spoke fast, got to #5 only tho) but el medio ambiente-wtf?!

I liked convincing the friend because you could free style; I actually berated my "friend" for wanting to live in a world full of trash and wonder how they'll take that..

OVERALL, most people felt the listening was very easy and incredibly boring (oo maiz, I think that lady got too excited), but speaking impossible. You'd be surprised how much you can get wrong and still pass.

By Jk9903 (Jk9903) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

I thought the cloze passages were the worst part. The MC in general wasn't too hot, but out of the MC, the reading was the easiest, I think. Yes, I thought the 2 minutes went by very fast as well. I got to the 6th picture (talked fast), but a friend of mine only got to the second. Oh well :-/. There goes the 4 I was hoping for...

:shakes fist at native speakers breaking the curve:

By Minority (Minority) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

lol sorry- don't worry i got screwed over for my english language exam yesterday. it all evens out. (BTW, my teacher told me they don't create the curve with native speakers' scores included and that's why there was that "Do you speak Spanish at home" question....

By Dontknow (Dontknow) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

El examen no esta disenado para ser interesante. La meta del examen es determinar si los estudiantes saben hablar, escribir y entender el espanol.

Sobre la parte de la historia con los dibujos: Si, definitivamente nos dieron menos de dos minutos. Mi amiga se fijo en su reloj y fue menos de minuto y medio.

By Firedup17 (Firedup17) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

ay ay ay....(I'm a native speaker BTW)

I thought the MC was very easy. The Free Response section screwed me over because I didn't know where to put my accents in the essay. And then the picture sequence....I got to the 5th picture when they called time. It was definitely LESS than 2 minutes. We should complain about this scholastic robbery...(lol).

I predict a 4 at the most (depending on the free-response), but I really wanted a 5. It'll be pathetic if I get a 3 :(

Again, ayayay...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page