Predcited AP US hist Free Response

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Predcited AP US hist Free Response
By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:02 am: Edit

Any predictions on what this year's free response will be? I've heard rumors of maybe imperialism, the roaring 20's, and possibly civil rights (although last year's dealt with civil rights)

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 12:22 pm: Edit

i would bet money that the topic is a politically correct one.

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 06:34 pm: Edit

they always have something dealing with the civil war or slavery in the free response

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

i dont know anyhting about the roaring twenties or imperialism...wanna help me out anyone?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

All I know about imperialism is:
Roosevelt Corrolary (dont know what it is)
Big Stick Policy (dont know what it is)

20's:
new technology
harlem rennasaince
kkk
nonconformity

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

omg how the hell am i going to write free response essays...jason i am in the same boat as you because all we did in my class was talk-not about history but about stuff that doesnt matter cause i got a drugged up hippie for a teacher!!! omg i am so angry at my hist teacher and this year he is leaving to go get his ph.d at carnegie mellon he is a horrible person!!!! he did not teach us crap...oh and he talks so friggin slow...im going to cry im not even a hateful person...i even tried teaching my self but guess what...i just don't know how...people i just need some kind words to cheer me up so i dont kill my slef because of my dumb retarded teacher ugh that •••••••! i need advice what is the point of taking the eexam when i know -no i mean i know for sure i will not do the free response essays cause i dont know crap!! the only thing i know a little about is the civil war and slavery...and i dont even know if i can writea whole essays on those topics omg and i do so bad on mc i took a practice one and only got 35 ! a freaking 35 out of a freaking 80 omg do you know that i need like a freaking 9 on all my essays to get a 3... waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! I DONT CARE ANYMORE!!! :(
:( :( :( :(

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

I thought the curve that was told to us yesterday would basically let us get a 4 on all the essays w/ 35 MC's right for a 3.

my teacher sux too and there is no way I can memorize so much crap. I hate the subject and I hate my teacher.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

I thought the curve that was told to us yesterday would basically let us get a 4 on all the essays w/ 35 MC's right for a 3.

my teacher sux too and there is no way I can memorize so much crap. I hate the subject and I hate my teacher.

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

haahhshsahah i think everyone in AP US history feels the same way. I Hate history and my teacher is an old hag who is retiring next year.. and no one knows how to do a DBQ for crap... ugh cant wait til this shiz is over. >:-o

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

jason thats what i thought too but c'mon doesnt it sound to good to be true?

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 12:08 am: Edit

and i bet to get a 4 on an essay it still has to be good and you still have to know alot about it...its gonna be so tough...seriously when i get my ap scores in the mail and find i got a 2...i dont know what im going to do i think ill become depressed and then the rest of my summer is goingt o be awful and i would never want to go outside

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 12:13 am: Edit

We read over some student essays from 2002's DBQ. One person wrote a VERY GOOD essay but got an 8 because of ONE piece of wrong information. My teacher says that a 6 is considered good. And since I wont be doing good, the best I can do is a 3-4.

As for the curve, i hope it is true nonetheless.

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 12:20 am: Edit

do they do that curb every year? who says they will multiply the dbq by 4.5 and the essays by 2.75? maybe not for us...that would be so mean!!! I HATE LIFE IT SUCKS. seriously i am so depressed right now...i was talking to my guidance counselor and i told her that my dream school is ucsd and she flat out told me i have no chance of getting in... :( everything in my life is going wrong!! and i think i have a d in my math class in my prgress report...

By Lateralus (Lateralus) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:03 am: Edit

you guys are getting paranoid. it is not that difficult to get a 4 or 5 on the exam. it is hard to get a Top Score on an essay, but relatively easy to get 6's etc. dont worry.

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:09 am: Edit

Can someone PLEASE get some inside info, and find out the DBQ topic AS WELL as the FR topics =P?

By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:45 am: Edit

Last year's DID NOT deal with Civil Rights...

Civil Rights was the 1995 DBQ. 2002 was the Jacksonian Era.

Go look at the College Board Site. They used to announce eras, and 2002 the early 1800s.

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 01:15 pm: Edit

Qwerasdf, one of last year's second free response quetions was "How did the civil rights movement of the 1960's adress the failures of reconstruction." I wasn't talking about the DBQ.

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Get off our nuts you northerners! RECONSTRUCTION SCREWED THE SOUTH UP!

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

They do the same multiplications to the multiple choice, DBQ and essays every year. The total number of points required in order to get a 5 is what changes from year to year. I imagine that this year we will need fewer points than what was required on the curve I provided for 2001 because the DBQ scores will probably be lower due to the College Board not providing a 50 year period where the DBQ will be from. Don't worry too much about the essays. If you write a fairly general way; do not provide many specific events, people, places, and just try not to have any major errors (such as saying that George Washington provided excellent leadership during the turmoil of the Civil War) you will most likely get a 5.

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:43 pm: Edit

chasgoose and what are the multiplications every year?

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

1.125 times the multiple choice, 4.5 times the DBQ, and 2.75 times each of the essays. When I said about what you needed to do on the essay to get a "5," I meant 5 on the essay not the whole test.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

1.125 times the multiple choice, 4.5 times the DBQ, and 2.75 times each of the essays. When I wrote about what you needed to do on the essay to get a "5," I meant 5 on the essay not the whole test.

By Gammon (Gammon) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

"Get off our nuts you northerners! RECONSTRUCTION SCREWED THE SOUTH UP! "

Yes. Hence the reference to its "failures"

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

DEAR EVERYONE tAKING THIS TEST FROM HELL TOMORROW:

Good Luck you guys!!!

CANT WAIT TIL THIS CRAP IS OVERRRRRR

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page