|By Quarky (Quarky) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 11:52 pm: Edit|
Major help needed. My friend and I competed in the ExploraVision Awards program in science and technology. We won in our region and were one of six 10-12 grade teams to advance to the national level. The judging criteria were the different sections of our proposed future technology, which may be available in 20 years from today. The idea did not have to be realistic, although ours is actually somewhat close to reality. Even the discoverer of the phenomenon single-bubble sonoluminescence is currently a chief scientist at a company trying to create nuclear fusion with sonoluminescence. Confused? Well, read this and help me out PLEASE! We did NOT win at the national level and are disappointed. We also think that the winning websites/ideas were not that good. We cannot understand why the judges did not like our entry -- the only thing that we have found missing was some colorful graphics, but there has to be more than that. Here is what I ask you to do:
1) Download the zip file or our website at http://quarky.topcities.com/slfr.zip (3.5 MB)
2) Open up the index.html file in the folder slfr. View the site, read the information, view the images...
3) Visit http://dev.nsta.org/evwebs/3315/index.html -- that's the winning website. Look over it...
4) Do the same with http://dev.nsta.org/evwebs/1757/index.htm -- the 2nd winner.
5) Compare the three, keeping in mind that use of technology for websites (such as Flash or CGI, etc) was not a criterion for judging. The sections of technology (history, future technology, present technology, breakthroughs, consequences, bibliography) were most important, as well as were the prototypes. Each team had to crete a non-working prototype of their technology, while our team of only 2 (other had 4, i believe. the requirement is 2-4) had THREE prototypes, one of which was actually somewhat working. you will know what I mean once u get there.
finally, 6) Provide feedback. Was the judging fair? Why did we lose? Why did the other two websites win? What could have we done to win?
Thank you VERY much!
|By Quarky (Quarky) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit|
|By Quarky (Quarky) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit|
sorry, there was an error and our zipped website is actually at:
|By Quarky (Quarky) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit|
|By Quarky (Quarky) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit|
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|