AP CHEM!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP CHEM!!
By Humburdy (Humburdy) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

I find the problems with the reactions hard- where you have to predict the products and write out the whole equation.

Anyone have good tips?

thanksthanksthanks

By Eurostar (Eurostar) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 12:02 am: Edit

it's only like 10-15% of the grade. Don't worry about it. Do well on the rest, and you'll be fine.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 12:27 am: Edit

Yeah reactions are hella hard. I get about 1 right on practice tests. Can't help you there.

By Johnnyd (Johnnyd) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 08:59 am: Edit

those are so damn easy
thats probably cause i have a really good teacher and she taught us all the diff rxns like acid-base, redox, ppt, etc.

go online and try looking up rules and memorize your solubility rules

By Humburdy (Humburdy) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:19 pm: Edit

hm. i know my solubility rules =P thanks tho.

around what percent would you need to get a 5?

By Humburdy (Humburdy) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:19 pm: Edit

hm. i know my solubility rules =P thanks tho.

around what percent would you need to get a 5?

By Johnnyd (Johnnyd) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:53 pm: Edit

around a 60 percent

our class took the 2000 ap test for practice and to get a 5 you needed a raw score of 100 or above out of 160

By Firedup17 (Firedup17) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:42 pm: Edit

The reactions are very easy (I got a 10/15 on the last practice exam my class had). The only thing I cannot grasp about chemistry is the acid/base equilibrium buffer stuff . That whole chapter is like a blur to me, and unfortunately the equilibrium is the first required question on the AP exam. AAAHHH!! 6 days to learn equilibrium.

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

the reactions can be easy but they require a lot of practice. I got a 13/15 on my latest practice test. firedup17 i wouldnt be worried about acid/base equilibrium, they asked it last year. the equilibrium question this year will probably be gas equilibrium.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 11:54 pm: Edit

I usually get at least a 10 more like 14's and 15's on the reactions. It's really easy if you know how to pick them out. Equations are where our teacher taught us to pick up easy points, since you can finish the section in 10 minutes and get at least 10/15. I have the equilibrium stuff pretty much down, so I'm not really worried about htat.

By Adamg (Adamg) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 02:06 pm: Edit

The hardest predictions are the complex ion ones. But usually you can avoid those and pick something else.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page