Help! SAT II: Writing sections questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Help! SAT II: Writing sections questions
By Mia123 (Mia123) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

if for some reason your essay is not included in the writing section test, how much will your score be affected? lets say is a 0 on the essay better than not turning in any essay? if i got a good writing score, but when calculated with a failed essay score, how badly will it hurt my score?

plus: if i took 3 SAT II tests in one day, and i want to cancel one of them, can i do that? or are all of them cancelled?

on the sat II writing section, can i retake the essay, or do i have to do the whole thing? if my essay is not counted, does that mean my writing section mult choice is not graded (the whole writing test is cancelled?)

finally, if a teacher cancels my essay because i cheated or something, and it was the first test i took that day, then i took the other two tests, are all 3 cancelled because of what happened on the first test?

By Mia123 (Mia123) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

one more question: i signed up so that along with my scores i got information on what i did wrong and how to fix it (from collegeboard.com there was this option when i registered for SAT and SAT II) for a little fee. does this option help with both the SAT and SAT II tests? lastly, will i know what score i got on the essay in the SAt II writing section, and if my essay was not turned in, will it say so?

thanks for all the help i really need it!

By Lateralus (Lateralus) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 08:44 pm: Edit

how can a teacher just cancel your essay? if you cheated all 3 of your tests should have been canceled. i suppose if it is 'just' the essay, your score will be 200 points lower, because that is how much the essay portion is worth

By Erika (Erika) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:28 pm: Edit

I think they are cancelled individually...so one cancellation will not affect any others you take that day.

By Dori (Dori) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 12:12 am: Edit

no. if you cancel one, you have to cancel them all. the only way around it is you can cancel just math if your calculator malfunctions.

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 06:27 am: Edit

Dori is correct: if you cancel 1, you cancel them all. The college board website is quite clear about this.

By Dori (Dori) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 08:51 pm: Edit

math is the loophole. but you have to cancel it then and there, not later. it's ONLY if your calculator "malfunctions"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page