Advice Needed...Should I Cancel ?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: Advice Needed...Should I Cancel ?
By Amyep (Amyep) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 06:32 am: Edit

I've been really stressed out over this since I took the test. I had MVMVVVM, and when i got to section 5, a verbal section, I skipped question 2 by accident, and continued to grid the answers in the wrong spaces. After I was finished, I was able to catch my mistake, and with 2 minutes left I had to hurry and regrid my answers. I then realized that I girded the last three wrong, skipping 29, and putting it in 30's spot, etc. I didn't notice this until the end of the test though.... I'm almost 100% sure I girded the first 28 correctly, and if I miss the last 3, so be it. I'm just concerned about the first 28. I'm not sure if I should cancel because I think I only missed about 5 on the math, at the MOST. My parents say i should just go with it, but that it's up to me. I'm not sure....What would you do ?
Thanks

By Mekker3 (Mekker3) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 01:00 pm: Edit

I guess it depends what score you want... If you aren't shooting for a super-high verbal score, then let it go through (3 extra wrong wouldn't kill you then)... if it's you're first time, then you can always improve your score... plus, since most colleges take your best verbal and math, if you get a good math score on this one, you can concentrate on verbal... that being said, I personally, would cancel in this situation bc I would rather be safe than sorry and bc I've already taken it twice and I wouldn't want my score to go down.. However, if it's your first time and you feel good about the rest of the test, let it go through.. :)

By Number9 (Number9) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 01:15 pm: Edit

If this is your first test, then I wouldnt cancel.

If its your second or third and you've been striving for a certain score, Id cancel.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page