OMG.... HELP!!! !@t^&$&

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: OMG.... HELP!!! !@t^&$&
By Uciant (Uciant) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:45 pm: Edit

okay i was signed up to take writing and math IC today. i took the writing, and then i decided that i wasnt ready for the math so i didnt take it, and the proctor let me leave early. she said i could request a refund. but then today i got home and someone said that if you dont take both then they cancel ALL scores... does anyone know anything about this?!

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/testday/cancel.html

"You must cancel ALL scores for that test date. "

By Me123 (Me123) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:52 pm: Edit

If you didn't take the test, you don't need to take it. It's just as if you never signed up for it.

You only need to cancel if you took the test, but don't want it to be scored. If you had taken math and then decided you didn't want it scored, you would have to cancel all your scores.

Since you decided not to take the math before actually taking it, you don't need to cancel.

By Uciant (Uciant) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

so it doesnt matter that i had registered to take BOTH writing and math but didnt take the math?

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:14 pm: Edit

yea doesnt matter you just paid extra

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:30 pm: Edit

Yep, what NDHawk and me123 said...

By Mew246 (Mew246) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 09:38 pm: Edit

yep, u just lost money thats all

By Starbyrst (Starbyrst) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

my proctor said that by not including a test u are essentially canceling it

By Qu1kslvr (Qu1kslvr) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

LOOPHOLE...

"If you are taking the Math Level IC or Math Level IIC and your calculator malfunctions, you can cancel these scores, but still have your other Subject Tests scored. "

Tell them that your calculator malfunctioned.

By Starbyrst (Starbyrst) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:00 pm: Edit

i beleive that when my procor said this, he also said "however, you must notify me at hte time that your calculator malfunctioned" but anyways just be very assertive and call them and don't back down, demand your rights! my freind did this, and it worked. im sure youll be ok

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

From Collegeboard.com:

I signed up for three Subject Tests, but I only want to take two. What should I do?

On test day, simply take the test(s) you want to take. There's no need to contact us.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/reg/regFAQ.html#four

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page