5/3 SAT I Math. Very Easy Today. Post Problematic Question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: 5/3 SAT I Math. Very Easy Today. Post Problematic Question
By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Today's SAT I Math Section was easy as ••••. The equating math section was hard, but who cares. There were very few questions on this SAT I Math administration that were questionable, most notably:

Find the smallest angle within the cube:

ans: The angle with its corner in the bottom left hand corner of the cube. One side of the angle is in space, the other side of the angle is the diagonal of the bottom face.

Rhombus ratio problem:

ans: sqrt(3):1

P, N are integers greater than 1, P is a factor of both N+3 and N+10:

ans: P=7

Please confirm these assertions and post about other questionable math problems from today's administration and proposed answers.

Hopefully I got an 800 on this administration and then there is only verbal left to conquer.

By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Bump!

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

I put all those.

I left 2 blank in the first math 25 MC section :(. What do you think a 58/60 will be? I doubt I would get even that but I'm hoping for a good curve. For the container question, I got x/8. The "if x was divisible by three and y was divisible by 5," I put I and III (don't remember the numbers). Was that experimental or not?

I also remember a median of something being 85.

By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:52 pm: Edit

YES YES I concur with all that. Keep posting guys! PLZ PLZ 800 •••• I CANT WAIT TO SEE MY SCORE

By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:54 pm: Edit

The answer to the footsteps question was 10/7.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:57 pm: Edit

I think the xy=7 and x-y=5 question was 35 (tho I left it blank, I'm going by what other's told me).

The one two problems b4 it with two angles given and u had to find y+x, I think that was 245 (again, going by what others have said).

The wierd-triangle-symbol perfect square student-produced response, I got as 8100. The last student produced response, with people walking away from each other and back toward each other, I got 10/7. The one before it, with the 5 cards (5 people put a random integer on one card each, whats the max number) I got 71, the one with red, green, and blue marbles (I think) I got 36.

By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I concur with all of those answers

By Archimedes (Archimedes) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:08 pm: Edit

I am concurrent with all of those answers.

By Lick_My_Beanbag (Lick_My_Beanbag) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

hows about the one question with the party and pizza and cake and salad was that experimental, that was the only one i omitted.

By Mfacusse (Mfacusse) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:14 pm: Edit

yes, that party and pizza one was incredibly tricky... i left it blank!

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:31 pm: Edit

I left all of these blank

By Lnacen (Lnacen) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 03:27 pm: Edit

was the math experimental section 4?

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 09:56 pm: Edit

DOes anybody remember getting 4 B's in a row for the quantitative comparison section of the math?

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

yeah i did

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:36 pm: Edit

whew! thanx Matt that was a big relief

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

i think?

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:45 pm: Edit

what do u usually score on math haan?

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:57 pm: Edit

750+

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

What about u matt

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:00 pm: Edit

usually anywhere from a rang of 720-770... our past scores arent too shabby so hopefully we are correct witht the 4b's

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:11 pm: Edit

I read in a prep book somewhere that more than 3 in a row of anything wouldn't happen... but I don't remember which and it might not be true.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

that's complete bull

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

so bull.. but an interesting stat is that if u flip through the 10 reals book there is never an sat where the total "d" answers for comp quant isnt 3 or 4

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:31 pm: Edit

As I said, it may be complete bull (or I may be misremembering it, maybe it said it probably wouldn't happen), but I did just (quickly, so maybe I missed something) look through all the math and verbal answers of 10 real sats, third edition and I did not see any times where there were more than 3 of any one letter in a row.

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:33 pm: Edit

Just a general question even though it doesn't belong in this thread...I took the May test standby so do any of u know if it will come on my SAT status page and if I will be able to get my scores early or how ETS handles this kind of stuff?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:36 pm: Edit

I took a standby exam exactly a year ago from this very day. I never got my score report, though, because my school collects everyone's score reports and tells students their grades. I doubt that it will say anything about you taking the test on standby, though. Don't worry about it.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Haan, do you remember anything about the 4 in a row that were Bs?

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

nope sorry..I just distinctly remember that I had 4 B's in a row

Thanx Incognito - Also for a standby exam if i decide to cancel, do i just do it the regular way like sending them an email

By Haan (Haan) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Matt - Can u post up all the Critical reading questions u remember? Did u put admonishing or defiant?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:55 pm: Edit

>>"for a standby exam if i decide to cancel, do i just do it the regular way like sending them an email"<<

Sorry Haan, but I'm not too sure. I didn't think about the cancel option, so I never did any research on it. I don't really know whether or not it would work differently when you take the test on standby. If I were you, I'd contact your guidance counselor or the CB itself as soon as possible.

By Haan (Haan) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

Can you guys post up the answers to the quantitative comparisons for math? THANK YOU

By Amytrabs (Amytrabs) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 03:13 pm: Edit

u guys r obsessed w2ith getting 1600s have any of you realized yet that theres more to life than that? Obviosuly not since u must sit on the computer all day reading this message board having a mental breakdown cause u got one wrong. get a life

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page