I took a Regents APUS history exam...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: I took a Regents APUS history exam...
By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

well, part of it anyways. I heard it was similar to the AP exam. I think it was APguy or Incognito that said it somewhere. Anyways I only did 23 questions and I missed 2. That's pretty inaccurate because if it was the real test, I would miss 14 or so.

Link here:
http://www.regentsprep.org/Regents/ushisgov/oldregentsexams/index.htm

By Desprateslacker (Desprateslacker) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

lol, i guess u dont live in NY cause if u did ud know that the regents are considered a joke by any non-community college bound students

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

well someone on these boards said they were similar to the AP test. Damn!

By Apguy (Apguy) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 06:00 pm: Edit

Yeah, incognito was making a point that the format of the Regents seem to be closer to the AP than the REA practice exams.

The regents is indeed a joke in terms of difficulty. It is basically a test NY state requires to see whether or not you are competent enough to pass on to the next subject level or if you have to stay back and redo the course because you have little knowledge on it.

By Nyugrad (Nyugrad) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 03:33 pm: Edit

what about last years physics regents?

By Apguy (Apguy) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Physics+Chemistry appear to be an exception. Many people do poorly on the Chemistry regents and lots of kids failed the physics regents because that test was supposed to be unusually hard. Many teachers across NY argued that the test's difficulty was WAY TOO HARD, but the NYS Board of Ed. did nothing. I know at my school and many others the regents score was not calculated in your final grade for that subject.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page