APUS History-Place to Help Each Other Out

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: APUS History-Place to Help Each Other Out
By Aj61498 (Aj61498) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Let's all put any helpful information relating to the APUS exam on Friday, May 9. Whether it be one fact, tips on essays, or questions on certain topics, put it here to help a brother out. And good luck!

In my class we're doing actual MC's from past years tests for prep, 50 questions a night, and each set focuses on a certain aspect, like Social, Economic, Cultural, Diplomatic, etc. Ive been getting in the low 20s on these. I've heard that getting sixty percent MC right is good...can anyone confirm this?

Also, what are you all going to do the night before the exam? Study, or go sleep? Thanks for all the help.

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:15 am: Edit

yup, i think 60% is good on that test.... its gonna be a killer.... i wish they gave us the time frame for the DBQ

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 09:32 pm: Edit

hey maybe people from like new york can tell us people in cali what its about and stuff since the different time zone and stuff

By Parhelia (Parhelia) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Here are a few questions to answer that I made up:

1) How/why did reconstruction end after the Civil War?

2) What advantages did the Constitution have over the Articles of Confederation?

3) How did Hoover's economic policies toward the depression differ from FDR's

4) How did the US expand in the 1840s?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Let me try...

1) How/why did reconstruction end after the Civil War?

the North (republicans) lost interest.

2) What advantages did the Constitution have over the Articles of Confederation?

Constitution had an executive branch. that's all I know.

3) How did Hoover's economic policies toward the depression differ from FDR's

Hoover-limited federal intervention, laissez-faire, conservative
FDR-liberal, more federal involvement, New Deal

4) How did the US expand in the 1840s?

Oregon - 54' 40'', combined ownership with Britain
Mexican Cession - California, New Mexico, Arizona

anything I am missing or got wrong?

By Yehosh1 (Yehosh1) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Well...Jason 817- if you knew all of what you said going into the test and thats all, then you missed a lot.

Reconstruction officially eneded as result of the Hayes-Tilden election and subsequent compromise. The elction was very close...and the Southern Democrats decided to make a deal with the Republicans (Hayes) wherein Hayes would win the elction and military reconstruction owuld end.

remember- 2 kinds of reconstruction- congressional, and presidentiall...g2g but i will give yall more of may pieces of 2 cents

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Well if those were essay questions, I would do good on #3 and #4, OK on #1, and bomb #2

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Yehosh, that's a poor description of the end of reconstruction--it would have ended anyway as the norht was getting sick of dealing with Southern issues at the expense of their tax dollars and time. Btw, the compromise never said reconstruction would END, it just said that the government would pull out the troops from the south. in fact both sides did not really expect the others to keep up their end of the bargain, neither could they really do it if they wanted to

By Jcoach4 (Jcoach4) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 10:44 pm: Edit

They have started to give Form B verions of the APUSH test. So, the central time zone starts their test while the eastern time zone is in the middle of the test. Then the west coast gets Form B of the test...I think that's right....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page