Country artists worth mentioning

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Country artists worth mentioning
By Silent_Angel (Silent_Angel) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 06:02 pm: Edit

ok.. i have this addiction to big and rich's cd horse of a different color... whats others opinions on the cd and what other country artists do yall like? best song and/or album of theirs? why you like them.. such like that

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

I don't understand...country artists worth mentioning? This seems to be a contradiction...unless one is mentioning these artists while dictating his or her 'To Kill' list.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Country artists worth mentioning? Hmm. I'll just spin around to the CD tower and list the ones I chose to bring to college.

Dixie Chicks (3 CDs actually...)
Kenney Chesney
Shania Twain (2)
Martina McBride (How Far is beyond awesome)
John Michael Montgomery (lots...and mixes)
George Strait
Faith Hill
Tim McGraw

I don't care for Toby Keith because his voice doesn't have much of a range...but some of his songs are good as well.

I'm sure I'm missing some good ones, but those are a wonderful start.

Oooh...and whoever sings Whiskey Lullaby. Can't think of them right now.

By Jacqueline (Jacqueline) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Alison Krausse Is good.

By Songman (Songman) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Yes Allison Krauss also Vince Gill,Steve Wariner. Willie Nelson,Hank Williams.Sr. and Allison's krauss's dobro Player.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:56 pm: Edit

NOT the Dixie chicks I can tell you that.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Because of their political mishap...or because of their music?

I like the music. It makes for some kickass karaoke.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

the Music. I hate it and gives me chills in a bad way.

By Silent_Angel (Silent_Angel) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

i like how big and rich are so melodic... their vocals mix greatly with each other. the singers of Whiskey lullaby are brad paisley and allison krauss.

Im a garth brooks fan ... i got caught kissing the TV when i was lil because he was on. I think clay walker is adorable and his music is good too. erm who else.. there are so many, i saw willie nelson and toby keith in concert together. because i didnt know many willie songs, i found him rather boring. but toby keith was pretty cool.. laid back entertaining guy. he is a bit verbrado *spelling* but he's a good singer. I am soooo upset i cant get tickets to see Tim mcgraw with big and rich... i think they are sold out, but im goin on a desperate run and call tomorrow :D.

I grew up with country ever since i knew music existed. it wasnt until about 7th grade that i started to like a variety of music. i dont care for vince gill much, i just dont care for his songs. I LOVE John Micheal Montgomery. He has sooo many amazing love songs. as well as lonestar and diamond rio.

Martina mcbride is amazing also. I saw her in concert when i was about 8 yrs old.

By Ironmaiden (Ironmaiden) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

Only one worth mentioning is Johnny Cash.

By Sammgc68 (Sammgc68) on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

Shania Twain and Faith Hill are worth mentioning, but it sure isn't because of their music.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page