Social to itellectual heirarchy???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Social to itellectual heirarchy???
By Jekyllnhyde10 (Jekyllnhyde10) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

In college I heard you shift from a social to a intellectual heirarchy. I just wanted to know what do you think happens to the prom king and queen that never made an attempt at academics but yet were the most popular?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

They are still working at the local Mickie D's at 50...

Just kidding...I guess they take different paths. I think the best way to live life is not to worry about how other people are living it. If you know you're going to be successful (despite not being a social butterfly in high school), why care about the prom king/queen? Twenty years from now, do you want to be the person still talking about how they were "the man" in high school or the person how they built a successful nanotech company from the ground up (or something similarly admirable). Just think about it like that.

By Girlforever101 (Girlforever101) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

My high school basically has intellectual hierarchy. There are so many people, and so many cliques/groups that there can't be a social hierarchy. I guess it just depends on your high school.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Yeah. Our high school was sickeningly big on social heirarchy. Everyone knew who the smart one were, but it didn't stop them from drooling over the skinniest scantily clad or well built people. We called them the "pretty people". One got into a real college. The others are going to the small town community college or not at all. I think we got the better end of the deal.

*Disclaimer: Not bashing ALL community colleges. The one I speak of is where I took my classes senior year of high school. It's the lowest of low. High school was harder.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page