Washington DC to Madison WI by car -- Directions?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Washington DC to Madison WI by car -- Directions?
By Tsdad (Tsdad) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

I already have a route from AAA, but it will take me on truck-heavy I80. Any other suggestions? What about taking I70 and then shooting up to the Chicago area?

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Take I-70 to Indianapolis, then I-74 to Bloomington, IL, then I-39 North to Madison....much faster than getting mixed up around Chicago.

By Tsdad (Tsdad) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 08:28 am: Edit

Thanks. Good idea. I had figured out the I-70 to Indianapolis, but not the rest.

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:53 pm: Edit

When we travel to Madison, that's the route we follow. It passes through Champaign Urbana (if you need to check out UI).

As you travel I-39 North in Illinois, you pass through some really fine farm country. All the small farm towns a mile or two from interstate exits have very nice restaurants---a much better deal than the fast food right at the exit. I wouldn't make the same claim in much of Indiana or Ohio...

Madison is one of the more civilized cities in the USA. You can't help but to notice that everyone there seems to have the "Let's do it right!" attitude. Enlightened planning and zoning have a lot to do with it---there must be some good reason why so many people put up with the wretched winter weather.

By Tsdad (Tsdad) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Thank you Morgan. No need to check out UI. My new Big Ten heart belongs to Wisconsin.

By Tsdad (Tsdad) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Duplicate

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

no no no when you pass through bloomington, come to IWU and give me money - i need more pop tarts!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page