Anyone else here watch/read Foreign News?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone else here watch/read Foreign News?
By Justice (Justice) on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

I was just watching French TV today, and it's amazing how different the things that the channels show are. For instance, few US newschannels covered Hurricane Ivan in Cuba, Castro's speech, anything related to Cuba's devastation, while litter debris in Alabama manages to get front page on cnn.com. And we never cover the recent incidents when American soldiers had to retreat from supposedly consolidated areas because they felt so insecure in the regions. I'm not saying the foreigners are "right" or "wrong"--I just think it's interesting that even the supposedly "die-hard liberal" media don't cover these types of things. The Italian women, French hostages--nobody in American media even talks about these things.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

ummm yes they do. I was just watching the news today and they talked about:

Italian and French hostages and Hurricane Ivan in Cuba.

By Justice (Justice) on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

hmm ok. they must just be slower then

By Baggins (Baggins) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

There are a lot of things the US doesn't talk about. I watch foreign news almost everyday and there are just some things that are never talked about in US news. Sometimes its a bad thing because certain small bits of news overshadow other major news.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Yes, I watch French TV a lot, and have been amazed at how many stories I see there that I don't hear about a lot in the American media.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page