Any Ethnic Studies Majors Here?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Any Ethnic Studies Majors Here?
By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:58 pm: Edit

I'm just curious to know if there any Ethnic Studies (African-American, Latin American, Asian, etc.) majors in this forum.

If so, what do you plan to do after college?

By Yugekorb (Yugekorb) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Do regional studies majors count? Kinda the same, and both pretty rare.
Why? Are you planning on going into Ethnic studies? Which one? Or was this just a random thought?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

I'm considering a double major/minor in African-American Studies. And yeah, Regional Studies can count in the list although it sounds like Geography to me.

By Yugekorb (Yugekorb) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 06:36 pm: Edit

Yeah, it kinda does.
But I'm probably going to major in Political Science, Economics, IR, or Asian Studies. If I do Asian Studies, I'd go further into a subcatagory: Near, Middle, Far East Asian. Whichever one I major in, I'll still take at least beginner level courses and maybe intermediate in the other subjects. As of now, I plan to go , for grad school, to Columbia's SIPA (School fo International and Public Affairs), Georgetown's Walsh SFS, or maybe JHU, Harvard, Yale...I haven't really looked into grad schools much past CU or G-town. I'm not sure bout what I want to do for a living. I might do int'l business, so at least I could travel. Gov't, politics, law, and teaching is still open to me. Although I'd hate to go to top schools and spend $200,000 and wind up teaching ESL.

What about you? What can you do with Afro-American Studies?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

I'm focusing on Political Science, Public Affairs and Education. I'm interested in policy and history issues.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

A minor in African-American Studies might be better for me although I would easily double major in it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page