Cracking my back

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Cracking my back
By Davidrune (Davidrune) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 07:18 pm: Edit

Hey,

I just finished football practice and I need to crack my back. I have felt this kind of pain before and it would generally be fixed when a friend walked on my back but this time, it hasnt. I am in big time pain.

I've tried everything too. I've had someone walk on my back. Someone has lifted me up and shook me, but to no avail. I've done the leaning backwards upon someone else's bent back. I've even tried, having a friend walk on my back.

Any tips on cracking my back?

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 07:21 pm: Edit

do it Simpsons style. Get a crumped old metal garbage can and throw yourself on it back-first. The dents in the garbage can should align with the dents in the vertebrae.

Or...reach for some sort of horizontal pole thats mounted above your grasp. Then stretch and stretch and stretch by reaching to grab it.

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

scratch on the simpson's spine trashcan idea. you might end up with a pissed chiropractor named steve at your door.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

yes but at least your back will be cracked. :)

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

i can't remember how that episode ended or even what it was about, but after all, that is the beauty of the simpsons.

on a serious note, maybe there is some pressure point that can work to make your back pain go away.

By Zoie711 (Zoie711) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

ok try this....

1. lay on down with your back on the ground, take your hands and grab the back of your head fully relaxed... take a deep breath and while exhaling let you hands lift your head up all the way towards your chest (remeber only to lift your head up not your shoulders)doing this for me cracks all along my upper spine... feels really good.

2. again laying on your back , i dontknow how flexible you are but try putting your hands , in a tight fist, under your upper back, bring your body weight down on your hands and you should also be able to feel your mid back crack

3. for your lower back again laying flat on your back bring over your right leg (bent) over your left leg and beyond to your left side of your body and if your flexible enough, make your knee touch the ground keeping your upper body completely flat on the ground, this will crack your lower back . (if you arent flexible enough to do it on your own, ask someone to push your right knee and right shoulder down at the same time and you should get a few cracks

or, just get adjusted by a chiropractor which feels great afterwards!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 11:23 pm: Edit

Just keep a stretchin' and sleep on your back at night. It'll kink itself back into shape. Or you might get scoliolis.

Cheers!

By Valpal (Valpal) on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

What you really need is a Chiropractor!

By Davidrune (Davidrune) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

Alright, thanks for all your help.

I tried everything. The garbage can thing made it worse. In fact it now hurts when I breathe, bend over or talk.

Zoie, your method was particularly succesful. The pain is still there, but it's duller and not as sharper.

Anyways, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully, this is all better before practice tomorrow.

Latre

By Zoie711 (Zoie711) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:47 am: Edit

hey glad it worked - but im thinking you need to get adjusted by a chiropracter, i know my bro had pain when breathing too and he found out it was because his rib was poking into his lungs so the doc pops it back into place and thats probably what you have got too... and youll be ready to go

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

You DID the garbage can thing? Whoa...

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

Once I got hit on the back by a football and nothing worked. It healed itself in 3 days. Take a lot of hot baths.

By Ctrain890 (Ctrain890) on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Having people step on your back is not healthy at all.

Even thought the cracking sensation can be relatively gratifying in the short-term, doing that actually flattens out the natural curvature of the spine, which leads to more pain.

By Davidrune (Davidrune) on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Thanks guys, my back is back to normal.

I had to run a 200m and a 100m for a house-track event, and when I was done my back was feeling better.

Odd, eh?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page