Running for club officers

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Running for club officers
By Incognita (Incognita) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

Does anybody have any ideas on running for president of a club? i'm running for president of a business club and the person running agasint me is a senior, while i'm a junior.
seriously, the only reason he's running is becuase it will look good for college. THis is a business club,but the voting's gonna be held in a marketing class filledwith seniors who probably won't like juniors being president and he wants to be a chemist, plus his dad's paying him ... yeah, everyone in this club is basically clueless, so chances are they will vote for the snior. BUt i have won awards in this field and have other skills he doesn't have. BUtmyhigh school's sorta ghetto and so i don't want to come off as arrogant. ANd there'sno speech! only a powerpoint the candidates nmake that the teacher presents to the club any ideas? sorry, i'm just pissed that some people would only run for a club position just for college,
any ideas? cuz i'm a junior and he's a senoir and most people don't have a clue and probably won't like a junior representing them
sorry for my rant, but this tread has potential... wecould pitch intips and it wouldhelp all of us who are running for club officers...

By Sandwraith (Sandwraith) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

sometimes business entails bribing, if you get what i mean... ^_^

By Anglophile (Anglophile) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

Use humor. Everyone likes to be entertained, and these things are really charisma contests anyway. However, do not make a fool of yourself (find another way to be funny) or your classmates will never let you live it down! If all else fails, hand out candy.

You know, I should be advising Bush and Kerry! A little candy and a decent comedy writer could do wonders for them.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 09:25 am: Edit

Hand out candy anyway. Make little wrapper covers with a snazzy campaign slogan.

Worked for Class Treasurer!

But then, I also got a speech. Hmm. Powerpoint is almost as good I think. At least you can spell and grammar check it to be assured that no speech errors are made. A little humor, candy, and big smiles...and you're a sure thing.

G'luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page