KFC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: KFC
By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

OK, so Pam's on the news with that those PETA lunatics babbling about KFC. What do you guys think about the KFC practices and the issue? I personally am kinda turned off by KFC and some of the video I saw, but those PETA lunatics aren't particularly credible.

By Yackityack (Yackityack) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:24 pm: Edit

May the chickens rest in pieces.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

The only PETA I know of is People Eating Tasty Animals.

KFC serves delicious chicken and scrum-didly-umptious side orders. What are they supposed to do? Individually bless each chicken for it dies, carefully inject a sleeping drug, lop off the head while it's in a deep sleep, then clean and gut the chicken with the upmost care? BALONEY.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

Well, kosher law advocates causing the least possible pain (and a lil' prayer too). I don't know the purpose of chopping off a beak and overpacking the chickens in bad conditions. Some of the video is pretty gruesome.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

PETA exaggerates, but is message should be taken seriously.

People who know me may not think I am a kind person, but I care about the treatment of animals a lot and I have a lot of pets at home.

The fact is, KFC buys chicken from a company that stocks chicken very tightly in pens. The chicken from egg to slaughter never see sunlight, never gets out of the pen, and cannot move around the pen. The only motion it can do is to peck in front of it, where there is a small area for food. So in essence, these chicken get 6 weeks of hell before they die. And on top of all of that, the employees are known to bang chickens against the wall multiple times to kill them quickly and efficiently. Those a$$holes are too lazy to even slaughter it properly.

But I heard KFC now purchase its chickens from a different, more humane company.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 07:23 pm: Edit

Yeah, I've stayed away from KFC a lot. When I'm in charge, the whole country goes kosher !

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

KFC is fat, disgusting garbage.

But besides that, it's horrible what the chickens live through. They live life in basically complete darkness and barely any space or air. That's what they think life is. And it's no better than the depths of hell. That's •••••• up. Pardon my French.

By Sandwraith (Sandwraith) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 11:48 pm: Edit

the f word is actually originally from german (ficken means 'to strike')

i don't mind the chicken but the potatoes they serve are THE BEST MASHED POTATOES IN THE WORLD.... gosh, i hope they don't keep potatoes packed together really tightly in some hellish prison too :[

By Onnihs (Onnihs) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 11:52 pm: Edit

they're not really chickens you dumb dumbs.

i love kfc's cole slaw.

By Yackityack (Yackityack) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

I like the macaroni.

By Kfc4u (Kfc4u) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

hi i saw this thread and it just relates to my posting name. haha.

btw kfc are my initials, not the restaurant.

By Kfc4u (Kfc4u) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

btw i love the mashed potatoes and macaroni =)

By Mom101 (Mom101) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 02:32 am: Edit

Ah yes, the next cause du jour for out liberal friends: Save the potatoe. We know the Republicans won't do it as Dan Quail couldn't even spell the word.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

KFC rocks. I dunno waht some of you are smoking.

By Gracious95 (Gracious95) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Yea it does rock. I eat only THEIR mashed potatoes! The mac & cheese is great too. Don't forget the chicken! Yum ;-P

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page