The Sims 2!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: The Sims 2!!!!
By Caramelkisses06 (Caramelkisses06) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 02:43 pm: Edit

The Sims 2 comes out sometime next week and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited (I know, I must sound like a total geek)!!! But anyways, I'm leaving for college on the 11th and my computer is a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150) ... so I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not the game will work on my laptop. And anyone else who's gonna get the game, feel free to discuss it!

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:00 pm: Edit

what are the laptop specs?

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:03 pm: Edit

i hihgly doubt its gonna work with your computer.

By Neene (Neene) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

I had a Dell Inspiron 1000 and I was also worried the Sims 2 wouldnt work on my computer. I ened up calling the Dell support and sadly, it doesnt work on either the Inspiron 1000 or 1150. I ended up upgrading to a different machine. I have heard though from my computer savvy brother it might work though but the graphics probably wont be the best.

By Caramelkisses06 (Caramelkisses06) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

oh well ... my PC at home is a wreck and a half so I guess I'll never get to play ... :'(

By Calston (Calston) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Aw, man, it took me forever to get over my Sims addiction...now they gave me a reason to get it going again! Well, I guess it's not entirely a bad thing.

By Calston (Calston) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

At the same time, CarmelKisses, I'm w/you. It looks really awesome. You're not the only geek here.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

The Sims 2? PFFT!

I'm sitting here counting the days until Half-life 2.

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Halo 2

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

CS

By Vancat (Vancat) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:31 pm: Edit

CS

Ha. I remember those days.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

wow, I used to be so addicted to the Sims. Then I just got extremely bored with it because I got sick of making everyone and their mothers fall in love with each other and you can only kill your sims so many times before it gets boring. I have all of the expansion packs except for the most recent one (something about magic?) and house party. I should put my game and my expansion packs up on ebay or something.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Oh...my God...the guys in the suite upstairs from mine cannot stop talking about Halo. They live and breathe Halo...When is the madness going to end...When????!!!!!

By Girlforever101 (Girlforever101) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

I couldn't stop playing the Sims, it was crazy, I wouldn't do anything but just play. Then, it got boring b/c I just made all the couples cheat on each, and beat up everyone. It was sad,lol
However, this Sims 2 is supposed to be great. I'm definitely going to try it out, and in the process feed my Sims addiction, lol.

By Futurepres (Futurepres) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

Burnout 3 on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

I played CS like a madman before.

Any other ex-CAL members for CS on the board? My clan got to CAL-M after one season in CAL-O and then we broke up :(.

By Scholar (Scholar) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Does anyone know if Sims 2 will work on Macs?

By Girlforever101 (Girlforever101) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

I just got the Sims 2 and I've been playing it all weekend. I don't find it as addictive as The Sims was, but that may be because I'm so used to The Sims by now. Anyway, I like Sims 2 b/c there are WAY more options. I was surprised about how detailed everything was, and the graphics are great.

By Esotericstorm (Esotericstorm) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

I don't think the Mac version comes out for a few months.

By Curiouskatie (Curiouskatie) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

what exactly makes the Sims 2 different from the regular Sims?

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

better graphics - everything is more 3d-ish, sims now have ambitions, more stuff in general.

bah, sims 2 runs slow on my radeon 9700 :(

By 1212 (1212) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

sims?
madden 05, it isnt up to expectations tho (pc version)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page