The Apprentice Premiere

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: The Apprentice Premiere
By Zas1987 (Zas1987) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Is anyone else absolutely in love with the Apprentice? I saw a preview for the next season, and it looks like an interesting bunch.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 04:35 pm: Edit

yeah...i liked that show

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

I'll be watching...I wonder who they will be calling upon to reprise the role of the black b****, if at all...

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

I just want to hear trump say "You're Fired" and do the wrist flick thing.

Priceless.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:14 pm: Edit

yar fird!

By Philntex (Philntex) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Can't wait. Let the war begin...

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

They need an Asian apprentice. Then I'd watch more carefully =O.

By Zas1987 (Zas1987) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

they have an asian one

By Jekyllnhyde10 (Jekyllnhyde10) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I feel the Apprentice is the only practical reality show. Isn't that what a reality show is suppose to be in the first place, reality???
I like the different tasks they need to accomplish. I also love getting glipses of NYC. I'm a Columbia Hopeful.

By Idiias (Idiias) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

I'm excited.

I also look forward to the next couple of months arguing, discussing, and predicting with all of you in this thread.

By Idiias (Idiias) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

I think Rob deserved to go. He was so heated up and defensive about it, but ultimately he didn't step up to the challenge, and was blamming it on the team leader.

By Phantom (Phantom) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 04:39 pm: Edit

I CANNOT believe that Bradford got fired yesterday. I think Trump only fired him so that people would call the show unpredictable and boost ratings. True, what Bradford did was stupid, but I don't blame him completely--he reasoned that the firing would be based on the morning's task, which he excelled at, and that either Ivana or Stacie would HAVE to go. He also reasoned that his team would have more respect for him in the future because of his action--I would call that strategy (obviously not a very good one, but at least he knew what he was trying to do as opposed to being an arrogant fool).

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

I think Trump fired Bradford for political reasons. The two candidates to go were obviously Ivana and Stacie, but one is black and one is asian, and you know people will get offended when a minority is kicked out of a show early on in the game.

By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Phantom, I also was surprised that Trump fired Bradford. I thought Bradford was trying to up his status with the group by showing he was fearless. I figured Trump would recognize that and like it.

BTW, I think one of the teams should have named their company after one of Trump's kids or after his pet or one of his properties. I would have been an obvious suck up, but I bet The Donald would have said he didn't like it but inside would be glowing.

Anyone else have preferred team name suggestions? Mosaic and Apex are lame.

By Waffle (Waffle) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

I actually thought Bradford deserved to be fired. I was hoping that Trump would fire him because of his stupid, impulsive decision, but I didn't think Trump would do it.

By Philntex (Philntex) on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

I thought he deserved to be fired, too. There was no reason why he should have given up his immunity at all. It was, as the Donald said so many times, stupid. There was nothing that even led him to do such a thing, but there he went, opening that mouth of his. Everyone on this show seems to not know when to shut up. It's funny :)

By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

Here is a question for you watchers of the Apprentice. Why did Ivana chose to bring Bradford with her into the boardroom. If Bradford had retained his immunity, bringing him into the boardroom should have been irrelevant. Ivana could not increase the chance that someone else would get fired, if she brought someone with immunity into the boardroom. Is Ivana just dumb or am I missing something?

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 12:28 am: Edit

I was shocked that Bradford was fired (I liked him too). It seemed that he was a great contestant (as Trump noted). Ivana was a weak leader, even though I understand she had some curveballs thrown at her.

By the way, why did Trump dwell on how stupid Bradford's decision was? It seemed that the Donald didn't know when to shut up either.

By Philntex (Philntex) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 12:06 pm: Edit

I think it was because it was just that stupid.

My theories as to why Ivana brought Bradford into the BR were that:
a) She saw that Trump was dwelling on how stupid it was of Bradford to do what he did. She IS looking out for her own tail at this point.
b) She wanted to increase the chances of Stacie J getting thrown out. By bringing in other strong players (although why she brought Jennifer is still beyond me), she hoped to either have them say something strong in her defense or present such a strong front in contrast to Stacie J. that he'd fire Stacie J instead of her.

Either way, it made for great drama. I enjoyed the extended version last night. That Carolyn is something else, lol :)

By Idiias (Idiias) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 02:34 pm: Edit

Lol I like how Bradford said Carolyn's name wrong. I watched last night's version cause I missed Friday's.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page