Chai recipes?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Chai recipes?
By Saturdayoracle (Saturdayoracle) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Would anyone here have a good chai recipe? I'm experimenting with cardamon, cinnamon, jasmine tea, peppercorns and ginger w/ black tea. I may simply have to adjust the amounts, but it isn't coming out with very much spicy flavor. I have been buying the Tazo liquid mix, which is excellent, but a bit expensive, so I'd like to create my own blend.

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:09 pm: Edit

I have one.

First boil 1.5 cups of water. Add 2-3 teaspoons of black tea. Add 3-4 teaspoons of sugar. Grate ginger and add in mix. Remember, the water should still be on the stove while your adding everythign. Then let everything culminate, then add 1.5 cups of milk. Let the milk boil with the water and everything for about 1 min or 2. Then your done. Make sure to filter out the tea and ginger using a coffee filter, maybe?
Thats my recipe atleast.

By Simba (Simba) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

Here's how Nala makes it.

3/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 tsp of Tea Massala (you can get it from Indian Food Stores), 1/2 tsp of ginger powder or fresh ginger (you can also experiment with pinch of cardemom powder,couple of leaves of mint). 1 Lipton Tea Bag and 1 tsp of sugar. Let the stuff boil.

If you want strong, boil it more, put more sugar and squeeze the tea bag to get the strong stuff ooze out.

Enjoy

By Megofou (Megofou) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

"Here's how Nala makes it."

Awww. I found that to be...randomly cute.

I make it by going to the coffee shop downtown. It's great exercise and oh so delicious.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page