End of streak

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: End of streak
By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

Do I care about football? especially when pro , college and even high school are playing games when it is still summer??
But still gotta love the kids from a Bellevue public high school breaking the winning streak from De LaSalle a private catholic school that they had held since 1991.
It was their time.
http://www.komotv.com/stories/32895.htm
But why are they playing football games when school hasn't even started?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

I heard about that too, and that is pretty cool. You are from Seattle or nearby, I am guessing?

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:05 pm: Edit

school has started for them. but it is still just pre-league play. i graduated last year from Los Alamitos High School another southern CA high school football powerhouse. we won southern section CIF two years ago but lost last year in the playoffs to loyola. the de lasalle legacy was pretty epic. teams from all over the country have been lining up to challenge them. the guys of this year's team have gotta feel pretty crappy for blowing a record like that...

By Welshie (Welshie) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:11 pm: Edit

De LaSalle came to my highschool a couple years back. We had a great team too (hence the reason they even took the time to play us) but it sufficeth me to say that the score was 46-0 by the end of the first half.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Maybe that explains Saturday's loss the ultimate Sports Illustrated jinx.

now I understand, they had a 7 page spread in SI last month

By Kfc4u (Kfc4u) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

aww man im a socal h/s sports enthusiast. de la salle's loss just downplays mission viejo's (currently ranked #1 in CIF southern section)upcoming matchup with them. boo =\

By Patient (Patient) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

Emeraldkity...De La Salle is in our neck of the woods and I have to say, it almost didn't matter who the other team was, it was time for them to take a loss. I didn't read your link, but I imagine that it talked about the tragic, horrific murder a week ago, of one of their star players, who was two days away from his flight to U. of Oregon on a full ride scholarship. I am sure that the loss of the game was a trifle to the team compared to that loss.

The kids who were arrested for his murder--and apparently he was just a wonderful, decent kid--reportedly killed him because of a grudge resulting from a pickup basketball game. It is heartbreaking.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page