Dating

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Dating
By Lilo21l (Lilo21l) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:07 pm: Edit

what are some good college thatapprove and has alot of about interracial dating

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

I'm pretty sure all colleges approve interracial dating... there isn't any law against it. I'd say look at the colleges with the most diverse student bodies, they most likely would have the most amount of interracial dating.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

"there isn't any law against it" their should be

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Maybe. But people that can't get their grammar right should be executed... especially when at an Ivy League school.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

haha. good one ndbisme5

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Why do you feel that way notsoperfect?

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Aw, leave his grammar alone.

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Ok Lilo21l, interracial dating is something not highly accepted at many schools, but I'll try anyway. Off the top of my head these come to mind. I'll also tell you the schools in which interracial communication is practically non-existent.
Asian-White/Black-White/Black-Asian fiesta schools
Swarthmore
Carelton
McGill
Rice University
UCSC
Wesleyan
Illions-Urbana
Reed
Caltech

At these schools, if you're miniority and you go after that white chick you'll get screwed.
Miami University Ohio
Providence College
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Arizona State
Madison
Texas-Austin
Boulder
Florida
Penn State

That's all I can think of.

By Hsun (Hsun) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:51 am: Edit

interesting thread.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

"At these schools, if you're miniority and you go after that white chick you'll get screwed."

Isn't that the whole point?

Ok, seriously.. Colleges themselves do not approve or disapprove of relationships which are not between people of the same ethnicity. This will depend on the social atmosphere of the student body, and how open-minded the students are.

In any school where there is a significant number of minority students who don't remain polarized within their own racial groups, there will be inter-racial dating. Unless you end up attending some ultra-conservative Southern college or something, I don't think there will be much of a problem.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 12:47 pm: Edit

I only have experience with Ohio University. And...no one seems to care here. You can date whoever you like.

By Czyrda (Czyrda) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

Appliedmath-
"At these schools, if you're miniority and you go after that white chick you'll get screwed. "

....Madison

What are you talking about? Do you just make this up as you go along? Been dating at all of those schools on your list?

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 02:21 pm: Edit

A friend of mine at Colgate wanted to do a research project on interracial dating, but couldn't because there was a real problem finding Colgate students who were interracially dating, or even had friends at the college who were. I think she may have been looking specifically for black/white couples though.

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

Czyrda, you go to Madison. How often does interracial dating happen?

By Czyrda (Czyrda) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

Well the fact is most of the people are white to begin with. I have seen interracial couples as well as gay couples and every other combination. I don't think there are that many closed minded people here. Also, how much "dating" happens in college to begin with. Most of it seems rather casual.

By Calston (Calston) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

Bob Jones University actually used to have a rule against interracial dating...they got rid of it, but I think you need your parents' permission to do so there, or something like that. I don't know if this is absolutely true or not, could be just rumour.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page