The girl who doesn't fit in

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: The girl who doesn't fit in
By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 02:35 am: Edit

School will start for me on Tuesday, and I had the horror of sitting adjacent to a lunch table where a girl sat by herself everyday. She would take her lunch and sit down and open her textbook every day. I can't even concentrate on what my friends are saying, I just want to sit by her one of these days and ask her how her day is. I'm tortured by my conscience because she looked over several times and I glance away pretending not to care. I'd look back and I see this sad look in her eyes. Everyday I find her more and more attractive as well. I have 4 days to decide if I should redeem myself...I feel so guilty for not having done anything last year! What kind a student council representative am I? I'm open to suggestions from anyone that cares.

By Darkemperor007 (Darkemperor007) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

If you see her talk to her and keep on doing so no matter what!!! 100% sure.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

Attractive. By herself. You stupid moron, go for it!

I'm also incredibly stupid because there have been many occassions where girls have eyed me and I purposely haven't paid them much attention, thinking that ignoring them is somehow attractive. Well that will change.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 09:35 am: Edit

Go talk to her. She's probably shy. Whether or not you end up dating her, you may get a nice friend. Find out about her interests and invite her to get involved in student council project.

By Mimi (Mimi) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Haha, I think ignoring them is "attractive" too. But then, I regret it and call myself a jerk. :P

Yeah, go talk to her. If you can't do it in lunch time, do it in the hallway whenever you see her or something.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

In 10th grade there was this beautiful girl in my class and we were both walking to the door. We both made eye contact and smiled (obviously attraction, since we didn't really know each other). What do I do? I get to the door and walk right through it instead of holding it open for her.

But that was in 10th grade. I'm a little smoother with the ladies now, or so I'd like to think.

By Zhou (Zhou) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Go for her!C'mon!Pulling somebody from loneliness is like saving somebody's soul.Don't let her soul wither away by pretending not to care.Let out a helping hand...I've seen stories happen with happy ending.It doesn't hurt to sit by her.Just think...She's sitting there all by herself.So lonely...Shouldn't anybody go and sit with her?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

Whoa, I feel like I'm watching a cheesy teen movie unfold.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Appliedmath, just go talk to her. Seriously, I don't get what's holding you back. Its not as if going to talk to her will turn you into a salt pillar or something. This really is an oppurtunity for you to do the right thing and help someone in need out. The girl's sitting there all by herself, and she seems pretty sad. Just go, and converse with her. I'm sure it'll cheer her up and you might end up getting a nice friend or, perhaps, more than that. I mean, I really don't think anyone enjoys sitting by themselves...so here's your chance to do a good deed.

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

I did the same thing to a boy in my class for 2 years....now high school is over and i'm prolly never gonna see him again...I feel terribly guilty about it!

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Yeah go talk to her. Chicks dig talking.

By Chemgirl (Chemgirl) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

As someone who completely identifies with that girl, by all means go talk to her-it will make her day. Also please remember that she may not be friendless, just someone who is very intense about their studying...

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

wait, Applied, so your heading off to college next year (read ur profile)? IF that's the case, I definately suggest that you redeem yourself.

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 04:51 am: Edit

talk to her about applied math

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

i think applied left this board now...suppose he's off to college at Harvard

By Desrtswimer (Desrtswimer) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:11 am: Edit

nah he took his SAT I's in april 2004, as it says in his profile, he must be a senior this year.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:26 am: Edit

I've been keeping track of this thread and I could easily understand why a guy would find that attractive.

TALK TO HER! You might scare her at first, but still, she'll warm up towards you.

By Melissamelissa (Melissamelissa) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

idiot

By Stanfordman99 (Stanfordman99) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:13 pm: Edit

LOL this thread is so hilarious!

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

wait..but in applied's profile..it says that he's going to Harvard. Why would he take the SAT's in April if he already had been accepted into harvard?

By Nyc33 (Nyc33) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

but there were no sats offered in april '04, just march, may and june...

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 02:28 am: Edit

hahaha, it's like a whole fictitious mystery opening up in front of our eyes!!! (or computer screens)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page