Payback? 2 Anti-Kerry Vets for VA Panel

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Payback? 2 Anti-Kerry Vets for VA Panel
By Simba (Simba) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

Bush Administration Appoints Two Veterans in Anti-Kerry Ads to VA Advisory Panel

Two former Vietnam prisoners of war who appear in ads attacking Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry were appointed by the Bush administration to a panel advising the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The former POWs in the ad, Kenneth Cordier and Paul Galanti, serve on the VA's 12-member Former POW Advisory Committee. VA Secretary Anthony Principi appointed Cordier in 2002 and Galanti in 2003.

story at
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040903_1904.html

By Vancat (Vancat) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

hokay...

And your point is...

Considering the connections between MoveOn and the Democrats...

Why are you still focused on these things...

By Jaug1 (Jaug1) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

Lol. Vancat...see...here is the difference which I don't think has sunk into your head yet.

MoveOn.org IS NOT a government run organization. Just because it's a bunch of Democrats doesn't mean they can't display their right to their opinions.

The VA Advisory Panel IS a government run organization. The fact that the Bush administration is willing to put people on that panel that are so vigorously campaigning against his opponent is highly suspect.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

Highly suspect?? I see you have your tin foil hat on a little too tight.

This is the Department of Veterans Affairs. from the VA site:

"Our goal is to provide excellence in patient care, veterans' benefits and customer satisfaction."

Are you claiming that BUsh is controlling the VA department for his own political gain???

By Jaug1 (Jaug1) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:26 am: Edit

No. What I am saying is don't compare MoveOn.org to the VA Advisory Panel. But we all do know that if Bush could, he would try to get rid of money for healthcare and put it into the war effort...

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

So the VA panel is putting out the ads???

Last I checked in that article, they were appointed 2 years ago, before the ads, before sbvt were organized, before this campaign, before kerry was selected in the primaries, and before kerry said he was even going to start thinking about running.

You guyes will take anything, no matter how irrational, and use it to further your point. You are shameless.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page