Zell Miller's challenge to a duel!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Zell Miller's challenge to a duel!!
By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

Hey, did anyone watch hardball last night? lol...I thought it was rather amusing to watch Zell Miller essentially challenge host Chris Mathews to a duel. I don't think we've seen that in presidential potitics since...well...since good o'le Andy Jackson's time. Now, to give Zell his part in due, I believe there was actually an error in the communications devices, so Zell was essentially misunderstood what Mathews was saying. But still, just to witness a duel challenge on TV in modern times....it was enough to make my day!!!!

By Bunmushroom (Bunmushroom) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

That was extremely entertaining. Mathews does annoy me by constantly shouting and interupting. Miller was very refreshing. He brings life and authentic passion back to politics.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Matthews: do you honestly believe John Kerry is going to defend this country with spitballs??!!

Miller: IT'S CALLED A METAPHOR!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT A METAPHOR IS???????? GOOD LORD!

Matthews: *about to crap his pants*

That interview was classic.

By Aparent4 (Aparent4) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:09 pm: Edit

The duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton was recently reenacted on the Jersey side of the Hudson River, where it actually happened. Members of the Burr and Hamilton families played the roles of the duelers (duelists?). So the subject has been in the air.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Matthews is on the annoying side, he interrupts his guests just as much, or even more than O'Reilly. He also looks like he has a really bad fake tan.

But yeah, Miller is going to flat out beat-down someone soon!

Personally, if we're gonna have a duel, it should be Dean vs. Miller- it would be a classic PPV event.

By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

There are two interviewers I simply cannot stand. One is Chris Matthews who interrupts and displays unbearable rudness to his guests. The other is Dr. Laura who constantly interrupts her callers before they can express essential facts so that listeners can understand their problems. I don't watch Sleezball and I don't listen to Dr. Interrupt.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Completely agree. Chris Matthews is an assclown. He's also my LEAST favorite interviewer out of anybody.

By Nemom (Nemom) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

It's duelists, not duelers. On a historical note, the oath of office for at last one governor requires that they refrain from dueling.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page