Freemasonry

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Freemasonry
By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

Can anyone tell me about Freemansonry? What is it? All I know is that its a secret group, and that some founding fathers were members.

By Takiusproteus (Takiusproteus) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

It is a fraternal organization that claims to be completely benign and innocent.

They've been accused of secretly controlling this and other countries. Sometimes they are associated with Luciferanism and the Illuminati - with the Freemasons as a front or the arm of the Illuminati that does the work.

They like symbols (like, the all-seeing eye on the back of your dollar bill) astrology and other hocus pocus.

They're often part of conspiracy theories involving World War Three, orchestrated by their Illuminati masters. This is partly because the organization is seen as an international structure that is beyond the government. Also because it is a fraternity with hierarchy that involves each member helping each other out (and being able to identify each other without overt signals). Potentially, one Mason could climb to the top of, lets say, a corporation and then fill the rest of the top posts with his Masonic buddies. Meanwhile the 33rd Degree Knight of Templars' Scottish Illustrious Ancient Rite of the Rose Order of MegaWazoos back in London is directing other guys to do other things.

In the Blue Lodge there are three degrees of Masons. On top of that are the 4th to 33rd degrees. Scottish and York Rites and other such weird things.

By Chavi (Chavi) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

One of their main original purposes was the destruction of the Catholic church. If I'm not mistaken, they originated in conjunction with the French Revolution, which was largely a revolt against the authority of the Catholic Church, where they murdered a lot of priests and nuns. They made no secret of their animosity toward the church. Nowadays, they don't really lay claim to most of their original purposes, but no one really knows what exactly they're up to because they keep everything very secretive in the higher ranks, or "degrees".

The Shriners are part of the Freemason organization, as is a well know girls organization, the name of which escapes me. Catholics are still forbidden to this day from belonging to the Freemasons. I went to a Freemason funeral once, and it was a little creepy. The ceremony came across as very new agey, never referring to God but to something more ambiguous, like a "higher power" or some other deity. It felt like a very pagan ceremony. There is a lot of literature on Freemasonry available, if you want to read more.

By Feenotype2 (Feenotype2) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

I know Dan Brown (author of The DaVinci Code) is writing his next book about the Freemasons. I'm sure it won't be the most accurate portrayal of them, but I'm sure it'll be as just an interesting as The Da Vinci Code.

By Peacefulchaos (Peacefulchaos) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

My grandfather and his dad, etc were part of the masons...

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Some of the presidents were freemasons. The Pentagon, the flag's color, and nation's bird were all chosen from Freemasons.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Yeah...i believe Andrew Jackson was a free mason.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

I knew most of this stuff. Any hot, steamy details? What do you guys think of it? What do you guys make of Skull and Bones, Trilateral something, etc.? I didn't know about the Shriners... !

By Lax46 (Lax46) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:21 am: Edit

My best friend's mother's side, which is non-practicing Catholic, are Masons. Though they aren't active "freemasons" they claim Masonic ancestry from Scotland. Just thought I'd share that.

A guy I knew, his dad was a member of the Skull and Bones Society at Yale. The son kept on flaunting it... I don't think the father would have been too happy with that.

Anyways, all these secret societal alliances "control" our life.. for instance, both Dubya and Johnny-boy Kerry were S&B members. A lot of the Yalies in politics and high business were S&Bers.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

Anyone else?

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

They're the root for a really, *really* bad pun in Poe's 'The Cask of Amontillado'.

By Phantom (Phantom) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 01:49 am: Edit

Er...they were poked fun of in The Simpsons' "Stonecutters" episode...

couldn't come up with anything better--the few pieces of information I know are already posted.

By Pcrunner17 (Pcrunner17) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 02:02 am: Edit

Google it.

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 02:43 am: Edit

http://www.mastermason.com/wilmettepark/pres.html

that is a list of confirmed masons. i know there were others, like jefferson who could not be confirmed masons, but there were records of them being present at one or more masionic events.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page