Buying Books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Buying Books
By Chrisbo (Chrisbo) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:12 am: Edit

Do any of you actually buy books on a regular basis? I work in a library, and observing the amount of circulation books get, I am amazed that the book-selling business (Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc.) is still popular. I just never see people actually buying books any more.

Once I start my second job, however, I will set $20 aside each month for however many books I can buy for that amount. I plan to have an incredible library of books one day for my kids to read. Hopefully our world doesn't turn into Fahrenheit 451!

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:07 am: Edit

I buy books all the time! No offense to libraries (I volunteer at mine), but I love having my own books. And I hate the cheapass books with the paper that feels so thin it could rip at any moment and the ink that smudges and stuff. So I always buy the more expensive, but better quality copies. I know the words are exactly the same and it's probably a waste of money, but I like my books to feel good.

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 10:37 am: Edit

half price books is my best friend :D

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page