Can you refer somebody you don't know?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Can you refer somebody you don't know?
By Mimi (Mimi) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 07:17 pm: Edit

I was on the bus coming home from job hunting today, and I was looking at my applications, and the dude next to me started chatting away about how I should work at Starbucks and the Federal and State Governments. He even gave me his friend's number who is some kind of Manager or something, I forgot what he's called, but he works at Starbucks, and I got an application for that. So should I put that dude down, even though I hardly know the bus dude?

PS Job hunting was fun!

I got applications for:
Jamba Juice
Starbucks
Barnes & Noble
The Public Library

I was also thinking of applying to the University Bookstore and a bubble tea place. Which out of those do you think would be best???

Oh, and for Barnes & Noble, they asked how much wage I am asking for. Is that a trick question?! LOL.

Thanks!!

By August (August) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

About the B & N wage question, you can leave it blank. The amount they are going to pay you is set and it wouldn't make any difference what you put.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page