How to get on your teachers good side.?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: How to get on your teachers good side.?
By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

Back to school-- any tips/suggestions for getting on the good side of your teachers? I know that it depends on the teacher and other such variables, but nothing sucks more than having a teacher who doesn't like you, unfortunately I would know! Good first impressions are an ideal start for a smooth-sailing school year...so are there any tactics?

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

don't sleep in their class (i know from experience)
say hi to them in the halls

By Curiouskatie (Curiouskatie) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

smile a lot and act interested in whatever they are teaching. in classes that i really want to impress the teacher, i sit near the front and say goodbye at the end of class. also, good old work ethics help (ie don't cheat, always do homework, don't talk when teacher is lecturing, answer and ask questions). if you arrive early at class, ask your teacher about themselves (ie how was your weekend/summer/etc). i once had a teacher tell me about her salsa lessons and new boyfriend. she was about 60. weird

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 12:48 pm: Edit

Good class participation, good work ethic concerning homework and study and treat them as a person whose knowledge on the subject you value. Copmmon sense stuff.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

Try treating them like people instead of being a suck up jackass.

By Olivecushion88 (Olivecushion88) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

after a lecture ask lots of questions, and occaisionally stay after class to discuss the days topics... teachers really love it when you show interest and they'll be sure to keep that in mind when it comes time to give subjective points(eg. essays, half credit) or they even might extend a deadline for you, or add a point or two on your final(if they know you need to make a certain grade). this usually always works.

By Hhboyji (Hhboyji) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

stay after school and talk about your personal crabs with them. That makes teachers feel close to their students. Let them know who you are as a person, not only as a student. They know smart kids can also be jerks, and students with low grades aren't also low as a person. Most of teachers like students with good personality, not just good grades.

It always worked for me. (not that I did it on purpose; I enjoy being close to or being friends with my teachers. They're so mature and also great advisers :) )

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Sit in the front row.

By Onnihs (Onnihs) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

give them googly eyes and sigh whilst staring deeply into their eyes. works best with teachers of the opposite sex.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

"say hi to them in the halls" this could help but atleast have a converstion with them about like the news or something; e.g. for your english teacher ask her what kind of writing she likes to do and if she has any favorite authors.....

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Just do your best in class: work hard and don't quit. Teachers will respect that. If they don't, at least you will have a reason to respect yourself.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

if the teacher is a...then you should...and finally...

woman, sit on her, kiss her
man, sit on him, kiss him

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Vancat, disgusting.... This thread used to be legit.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page