I think i got a virus on my laptop.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: I think i got a virus on my laptop.
By Hokie_2004 (Hokie_2004) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

I've been connected to the schools network for about a week and had a firewall but i dont really know how to work them so i dont know if it was running correctly. So anyway today something wierd started happening, i was just typing, not on my browser, when this window, kind of like a dos window, showed up and it said C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe at the top and after i closed that a IE page would open with some wierd name at the top. I ran ad-aware and spy blaster and two things came up, i deleted them but the window still came back. I downloaded zone alarm the fire wall and the window hasent come back since but im still worried at what it was.

By Joseancer (Joseancer) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

adaware and spyblaster are for spyware and adware, not necessarily for viruses. try getting norton or pccillin antivirus.

not saying you have a virus, but you really should get a hold of some kind of antivirus software, especially in a networked environment like in college.

By Hokie_2004 (Hokie_2004) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

i have norton that came with my laptop but i ran it and it didnt find anything but i dont know if it was set up right since theres so many options

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page