German dubbed American movies?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: German dubbed American movies?
By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

So most (if not all) American movies have- if they have dubbed languages at all- French and Spanish as their languages of choice... I was just wondering if there was a store or somewhere where they had the movies with german as the dubbed language? I know that you can buy them from overseas and get hits like Finding Nemo or Bridget Jones etc. but i was wondering if they were available in the US and if anybody knew about one?

By Ctrain890 (Ctrain890) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 10:00 am: Edit

Go to the German amazon.com site (amazon.de, I think).

But keep in mind that in most instances when American movies are brought overseas they are subtitled, not dubbed.

By Olivecushion88 (Olivecushion88) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

i have a copy of "the day after tomorrow" in only german...and another copy in english..

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

yeah i knew about amazon.de but i guess i was just hoping for somewhere in the US (wanting to avoid the overseas shipping costs etc.)

and i know that a lot of american movies are usually subtitled in other countries but i heard Germany is known for its predilection of dubbing EVERYTHING... and every american movie i'v seen in germany has been dubbed too so i figure i'm safe...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page