Senior Pics

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Senior Pics
By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

I don't want to get them. =\ Will I regret it?

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

yes.

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

I took my senior pictures already. Took 5 hours in line, but I took them! (800 seniors, it takes a long time..)

By Welshie (Welshie) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

I didn't get them. Heck, I wasn't in my yearbook at all freshman year or senior year. I don't regret it but I'm sure some folks would.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

I have plenty of pictures of myself, don't need to spend $20 to get a potentially crappy one.

By the way, are there 2 different pictures you take? Seniors you see in the yearbook are wearing dress clothes. The one I took on the first day was just a regular pic.

By Myway (Myway) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 09:40 pm: Edit

If you're at all sentimental you will.

By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I do get sentimental sometimes but I find it bogus to do this Senior Pic stuff. I was gonna not get my jr. pic last year but the ASB people or whoever kept on buggin me about it so I just got it. I really hate this senior picture stuff and how you have to deck out all model-ish and crap. And the fact that you have to invest so much in senior photos is completely bogus to me. Yeah I duno if you have to get 2 pictures taken done or what.. the whole process is a screwed in itself. I'm game for boycotting this thing I just don't want people calling me anti-social or whatever.

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

20 years from now when you open that yearbook up and see that empty spot where your name should've been...think about it.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 01:58 am: Edit

Well, hopefully in 20 years you won't be such a loser that you need a yearbook to tell you that you used to be somebody. Unless you want to say that line, "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum."

In fact, I'm going to become a bum just so I can say that to people on the street and mean it.

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 09:13 am: Edit

dude, 20 bucks for senior pics? Mine cost nearly $400. I initially didn't want to do it, but the school yearbook/ASB/peers exerted so much presure on thos of us who didn't do it that we really didn't have much of a choice.

By Megofou (Megofou) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Yeah. Mine started out at$280. The woman screwed them up horribly. Lighting was all wrong. The outside shots had glares. Everything was substandard. So I went elsewhere and THAT was $375. I spent far too much. But I have some decent pictures.

I suggest getting them. Check the place out first.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:34 pm: Edit

400 bucks? WTF? Wow, talk about getting screwed. I paid about 30 bucks I think for my pictures, and they looked fine. I don't know how photographers can get away with charging 400 dollars for a simple portrait. I mean if you're ugly, you're ugly, and lighting and whatnot won't change it.

Im glad I live in a working class city, that means not spending +600 dollars on photos.

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Yeah, we got screwed I think, but everyone paid that amount or got stuck in the section of the yearbook with the special ed kids.

mine were really nice, except for one shot where you can see part of the camera equipment.

Noelle

By Mimi (Mimi) on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

you don't have to buy it.. you can just take it, and buy the year book.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

yeah, exactly what Mimi said. The school offers pictures as well.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 12:22 pm: Edit

Wow, yeah, mine were about 600 I think. Here there are independent contracters/photographers that take the pictures.

By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Yeah they're independent here too. Hm I don't think I'm going to get mine.

By Tongos (Tongos) on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

took my pictures. i dont like how they came out though, ha! i havent even looked at the pictures, my parents have though, im too afraid of myself

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page