Buy a car, get one free

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Buy a car, get one free
By Simba (Simba) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit

New Jersey Nissan dealership offers free used car to anyone who buys a new car.

From CNN:

Buy a car, get one free.

It's hard to believe. But with a deal more commonly seen at clothing sales, one car dealership in New Jersey has upped the ante to lure buyers who have become blase about the usual incentives offered on vehicles these days.

For buyers who purchase any new 2004 or 2005 model Nissan, the Route 46 Nissan dealership in Totowa is giving away a 2003 Nissan Sentra, usually an off-lease or traded-in vehicle.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/26/pf/autos/bc.autos.freecar.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:30 pm: Edit

dude...we're talking about NEW JERSEY here aka Hell on Earth.

Anyways, I'm from New JEresey and there was once this car retailer offering a "BUy one Daewoo, get another Daewoo free." To put it simply, These deals are usually retarded, and I wouldn't be surprised if the free cars are lemons or had something wrong with them.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Vancat, not New Jersey. Wisconsin :).

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

Were they sent to hell? Worse, Wisconsin...for the entire span of human existence.

Dogma references rock!

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Daewoo? Yikes, the only reason they offer one for free is because these vehicles probably won't last over a year and you'd need your second car.

By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:21 pm: Edit

Our Nissan place here in VA is doin the same thing... i think... its one of those car places :P

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

wrong ubercollegeman, I invite you to spend a night in Jersey City or Camden or even Trenton and Newark to say the least. I'm certain that you'd agree with me that Jersey is indeed Hell's earthly brother.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

I've visisted Princeton, and it was fine :).

And I'm glad someone caught the allusion :).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page