GREAT TV SHOWS OF THE 90s

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: GREAT TV SHOWS OF THE 90s
By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:13 pm: Edit

I love TV shows from the 90s, some include

Full House
Family Matters
Saved By the Bell(High School Years. College years and the New Class stunk)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Anyone remember any other good ones??

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

X Files
Star Trek the Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Seinfeld
Simpsons

By Lilmermaide (Lilmermaide) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:26 pm: Edit

o, i still loved the college years of saved by the bell! i loved the wedding movie of it too... blossom was great

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:30 pm: Edit

I hated all these shows with the exception of The Simpsons. I don't know why...

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Step by Step

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Boy meets world

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

what ever happened to Cory and his girl Topanga from boy meets world? Did they get married?

By Gidget (Gidget) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

yes they got married and Shawn was a jerk at the wedding because he thought he was lossing Cory but it all worked out.. good episode

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 06:04 pm: Edit

Boy Meets World? Yeah, GREAT show...it taught us to have sex and marry our high school girlfriend immediately.

1.) Seinfeld
2.) Simpsons

Apparently Melrose Place was a big guilty pleasure in the 90's. We're all a little young to remember it, anyway.

The shows I remember are mostly cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life. Salute your Shorts, Pete and Pete...but they were by no means great.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

DOUGIE HOUSER, M.D!!!!!!!!!

By Genova (Genova) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 09:54 pm: Edit

I somewhat regularly watched Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Diagnosis Murder, and X-Files was a particular favorite of mine (the earlier seasons, though, in which Mulder was still a member of the cast and Scully wasn't pregnant).

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!!!!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Right, TMNT! And Spider-Man and X-Men...and DOUG on Nickelodeon was maybe my favorite show back then.

By Tongos (Tongos) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Doug was my favorite show on nickelodeon.
i remember the episode with liver and onions
when doug was in that ponzy puzzle contest
skeeter was found to be a genius
babysitting baby skeeter (forgot his name, i think it was dil though)
When they did that talent show
Silver skeeter verses quail man
and a bunch of quail man episodes. with zombies, dr. klutzinestein, ect.
in love with the sub episode
the bully episode
when willy's dad and mrs.dink run
the hamburger episode, where he dresses up
baseball episode
and tons more!

By Waffle (Waffle) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

see old nickelodeon shows

By Lax46 (Lax46) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

Power Rangers
Savannah
Clueless
Melrose Place
Beverly Hills 90210
Sally Jessi Raphael
Jenny Jones
Step by Step
URKEL
Blossom

OMG == I MISS THE 90s!!

By Arthurd (Arthurd) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

I second Diagnosis Murder and Dougie Houser M.D... two awesome shows. Also Early Edition was great, along with Perfect Strangers.

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

SOUTH PARK!

ne fans?

By Joev (Joev) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:31 am: Edit

Remember the Seinfeld where Jerry finally admitted to watching Melrose Place after taking a lie detector test from that police woman he was dating? Classic!!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:41 am: Edit

Yep, that was a great episode. Kramer does the line-up, George dates the bald woman, Elaine...what does Elaine do? The ending was the best, with all 4 of them watching the intro and bobbing their heads to the music. It's nice to see people ON TV watching TV - makes you feel less loser-ish.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 08:52 am: Edit

So many good ones that were passed by, what about..... Sweet Valley High, Breaker High ( where they have school on a cruise ship)

I also loved Dr. Quinn and Texas Rangers ( i don't know if thats what it's called)

By Twiggy (Twiggy) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:07 am: Edit

I sort of remember Clarissa Explains it All (I think her friend used to visit by climbing through her window instead of just using the front door).

I love Boy Meets World. I remember when ABC used to show it on TGIF. The 90s had some pretty nice shows.

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:15 am: Edit

Anyone remember the other shows on the TGIF lineup, with Boy Meets World?
I think there was a show called Dinosaurs

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Dinosaurs was cool. It was like a Family Matters or Cosby Show type sitcom with dinosaurs. I liked the baby who always hit everyone with the pan.

By Tongos (Tongos) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:14 pm: Edit

90s shows, like full house, family matters, step by step

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Does anybody remember how Doug's favorite band that he always talked about was called Killer Tofu? Always cracked me up..

But yeah:
Simpsons and Seinfeld have to be #1 and 2
And of course my childhood and preteen favorites:
Ninja Turtles, Saved By The Bell, and Full House

By Lani05 (Lani05) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Correction, Jer728, Doug's favorite band was The Beets, but one of their songs was about killer tofu. Minor little point, though.

Ahh, Boy Meets World. I used to think my gym teacher was directly related to Mr. Feeny.

By Spacecadet (Spacecadet) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

MY...SO...CALLED...LIFE. 'Nuff said. Oh, and "Salute Your Shorts".

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Boy Meets World was my favorite show. I watched it religiously. Plus, it was set in Philadelphia, and I used to live there, so I understood all the references and stuff.
I also watched the other shows that were on old school TGIF- Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step. Stopped watching it once the Olsen twins came on with their "Two of a Kind" show. Grrr.

I also remember watching Bug Juice on the Disney channel religiously as well.

Anyone remember TNBC? It was on Saturday mornings... Saved By the Bell, Hang Time, some other shows. I only liked the first two.

Oh, I really liked watching Dr.Quinn, Medicine Woman too. I don't know why. Maybe I had a crush on the guy who played Matthew? Who knows.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

oh yeah, and wasn't there a show called "Second Noah"?? James Marsden was on it and I used to think he was hot back then. It was a family with a bunch of animals and adopted kids. I remember there was a girl named Hannah on it...

By Patr1ck (Patr1ck) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Fresh Prince
Boy Meets World
SMART GUY

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

The coolest character by far, is the one and only MINKUS from Boy Meets World.
2nd, probably Samuel "Screech" Powers from Saved By the Bell

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

For all you Saved By the Bell fans, anyone remember what Slater always called Zack??

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

preppy?

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 07:47 pm: Edit

More Saved by the Bell trivia...

name the teacher from the junior years.

hint : mrs. b _ _ _ _

By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

OMG!!! Dinosaurs! "not the mama!" i remember that!!! Power Rangers Rocks, so does TMNT.

By Vancat (Vancat) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Aiye-aye-aye!!! Zordon, we're in trouble now!

IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!!!!!!

TYRANOSAURAS!
SABER-TOOTH TIGER!
PTERODACTYL!
TRICERATOPS!
MASTADON!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....MAKE MY MONSTER GROW!!!!!1

By Gidget (Gidget) on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 10:22 am: Edit

Saved by the Bell trivia... Ms. Bliss..... um... before slater... Name the oldest freinds with Zack and Lisa and Screech.. there was another firl and a curly haired boy?

TNBC was great--- love Hnag time... what was that one about the kids in Florida who were all adopted and the family had like a kind of race in it?

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 03:19 pm: Edit

that would be Nicky and Mikey

another question, in the high school years, where does Zack say he's going to college and what does he get on his SATs?

By Megofou (Megofou) on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

It may have been corny, but... ... ... Dawson's Creek.

I HATED the show while it was on the air, but in the past few months I've watched reruns and liked them so much that I bought the first two seasons on DVD.

That said...Saved By the Bell is the cheesiest show EVER. And I loved it. (Mr. Belding came to my college-to-be to give a speech. The kids went crazy.) Step By Step, Clarissa Explains it All, Full House, Boy Meets World, Simpsons, and such were all amusing too.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 09:03 am: Edit

Zack got a 1502 on his SAT and for the school Zack hires James to pretend to be a representative from Harvard University and uses him to make Stanford's representative reconsider Jessie for their school.

More quizzes- Jessie has a step brother that had a thing for Lisa- whats his name?
And A.C had an old girlfreind who showed up and casue trouble with Jessie- What was her name?

By Limon (Limon) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

Newsradio (JoeJoeJoeJoeJoe)
Spin City (the Michael J Fox days)

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Saved By the Bell
that's true but Zack's mom wanted him to go to Yale because of his high SAT.

Jessie's step brother was Eric and A.C.'s old girlfriend was Stephanie.

Questions... What's so special about Max, the owner of The Max?

By Orangeman167 (Orangeman167) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

max was a magician

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

Boy Meets World :^) I watch the reruns Daily. That's how much I still dig the show.
Doug -- one of the best shows Nick ever made, hands down.
The Secret World of Alex Mack -- two words: GC 161.
Seinfeld -- Classic. 'Nuff said.
Family Matters -- before Urkel became ridiculous, I used to watch this on TGIF.
Lois and Clark (the new adventures of Superman) -- This show used to be so cool. But then Teri Hatcher became anorexic and it all went downhill...

By Nlkrueger (Nlkrueger) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

I love this thread. Great stuff.
I remember 95% of the ones mentioned, and I agree with Arthurd...Early Edition was great. I remember watching all those Friday/Saturday night shows like Early Edition, Walker, Texas Ranger, TGIF on ABC, when I would go deer hunting with my dad.
I, too, remember TNBC on Saturday mornings. I would watch Saved by the Bell, Hang Time, and I think a show called City Guys. I can only remember the name because of the theme song, which was some sort of rap music. I'll catch myself singing it 4 (or more) years since I've even seen the show.
The Nickelodeon shows really stick out in my mind, as that was one of the few channels that I watched regularly. My favorites were Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude (I think that's the name), and Rocko's Modern Life (I can sing the theme song of that, too). I do remember Clarissa, although my sister was a bigger fan than I was.
I recently was talking with a friend about old Nick shows and it took us a while but we finally remember the names of the shows Legends of the Hidden Temple and Guts. At least, we think those are the names. AGRO-CRAG! The big mountain on Guts. I remember that Guts would confuse me: I couldn't figure out whether the country's name was the United Kingdom, or Great Britain.
I miss those days SO much. Simple times.

By Nlkrueger (Nlkrueger) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

I also remember the Seinfeld series finale. It came out when I was in the 4th grade, I believe.
I watched it, but it's much funnier now than it was then. I suppose I'm in the minority that really liked the finale (as I hear that everyone hated it.)

By Twiggy (Twiggy) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:09 am: Edit

>> what was that one about the kids in Florida who were all adopted and the family had like a kind of race in it? >TNBC on Saturday mornings. I would watch Saved by the Bell, Hang Time, and I think a show called City Guys.<<

Yep. City Guys; one of the main chracaters are on one show with Amanda Bynes -What I like About You.

I forgot...what was Hang Time about?

By Gforce1487 (Gforce1487) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:15 pm: Edit

I think Hang time was about a high school basketball team and their lives.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

The Seinfeld finale should have been slightly different - it was more like a clip show than anything.

Instead of it being the finale, it should have been the second to last episode. The finale would have been the 4 of them in jail, and the hijinks that ensue. Imagine George dealing with public showers, and Kramer's relationship with his cell mate! That would have been brilliant...it still could be...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page