Graduation from Community College guarentees 4 year acceptan

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Graduation from Community College guarentees 4 year acceptan
By H_Thealogian (H_Thealogian) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:25 am: Edit

Does graduating from a 2-year community college guarantee you acceptance into a 4-year university? Can anyone help me out on this?

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

No.

By H_Thealogian (H_Thealogian) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:40 am: Edit

Didn't think so. Thanks.

By Onnihs (Onnihs) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:37 pm: Edit

it isn't a guarantee. much like high school, your admission into a 4-year depends on your GPA and whether or not you completed the transfer requirements.

now, if your GPA is well above 3.0, i'd say you'd have a pretty good shot at some 4-years, although they'd might not be as prestigious. if your gpa is around the realm of 3.5 - 4.0, well then, you can get yerself into some pretty good schools.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Some community colleges have deals with certain four-year colleges, providing that you maintain a certain grade point average. You really have to look things up with the individual school.

By Baseketball22 (Baseketball22) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

At my local CC, one of the best in SO Cal, it has connections with the UCs and Cal Tech. SO if somebody does good there, they have a great chance to get into one of those prestigious schools.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page