Second Hand Stores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Second Hand Stores
By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

I feel compelled to share a little known secret among young people. Second hand stores are amazing! I just got back from a second hand store in Princeton, NJ and bought some amazing things for less than 60 bucks total. I bought:

*A Gap sweater
*2 Brooks Brother Shirts
*Chaps Ralph Lauren Shirt
*2 Van Heusem Shirts
*One Nautica Shirt
*Gucci bathrobe

All Shirts are button down, dry cleaned and very nice. All are in excellent condition. One Brooks Brother Shirts usually go for 70 bucks so I feel that I got a really good deal. Anybody have any thoughts about second hand stores?

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

I love them, but they are hard to find.

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

they aren't hard to find in southern california...

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Is it Plato's? I love Plato's. I cheat whenever I go there. I buy name brand jeans at a cheapy thift store and sell them at Plato's!

It's the ghetto way but someone has to do it..

Gucci... wonder if I can find Pucci...

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:53 am: Edit

hehe, poisonivy, that's a good idea!
I love Buffalo Exchange. It's a great second hand store. But you can find some great stuff at thrift stores too. I got an adorable pleated skirt this weekend for $2 at Salvation Army. yay!

By Nemom (Nemom) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 11:47 am: Edit

Some of the best deals are at second hand stores in upscale towns/neighborhoods. They have great stuff and tend to be a bit less picked over than the Sally Army stores.

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

Nemon you are absolutely correct. I live near Trenton, and I used to go to the trift shops there. However, the quality is terrible and clothes are horrible. I go to a consignment shop in Princeton and I find deals of a lifetime. I just bought a tuxedo at a sale they hand for under 5 dollars. I couldn't find a deal like that anywhere in Trenton!

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

Urbansocrates: Tell me if you ever notice the ETS headquarters off of Rosedale Road whenever you are driving around Princeton.

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

I actually work their during the summer. Why?

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 06:13 pm: Edit

I would like to introduce myself -- I am Louis DiBello, and I work with statistical analysis. What position at ETS do you occupy during the summer?

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

My name is Jerell Blakeley. First I would like to began with that I am a high school student. ETS is doing an documentary about the history of Trenton Central High School and is doing some outreach. I do research and interview people. I am not sure if you know her or not, but I work with Ann Gale. Are you familiar with the Trenton project?

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

I can't say that I am familiar with the Trenton Project or Ann Gale. However, are Mrs. Dawson (the principal of Trenton Central High School) and Dr. Lytle (superintendent) working on this project as well?

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

Yes all of them are. In fact, they are going to be at ETS all this week. I will not be their next week b/c I will be on vacation. If you will be their the week after next, we should meet up and I can tell you more about the Trenton Project.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page