Scott Peterson Case

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Scott Peterson Case
By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 07:54 pm: Edit

Anyone following it?

By Yackityack (Yackityack) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

I live about 10 miles from Modesto. The night when they arrested him and brought him to the Stanisluas County Jail a bunch of us were in Modesto so we hung out in front of the jail by all the media vans and such. Good times. Yeah I'm following it. Is it a big deal elsewhere in the country or just around here? Where are you from? Just wondering. He did it.

By Matth (Matth) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

My sister is obsessed with it. She has a good friend called Laci, who looks remarkably like Laci Peterson. Yes, it's a big deal on the East coast, too. Hopefully, this won't be the same result as the O.J. trial. This guy better be found guilty.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Yes, I'm from NYC and I agree with Matth...

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

scott is guilty. And Amber Frey needs a donkey punch. Stupid idiot. I hate her.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:16 pm: Edit

Why? She isn't the brightest individual...but hate?

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Yep. She annoys the living hell out of me.

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Please don't take this the wrong way because it is a tragedy, but don't you think that this case is getting more coverage than it should at least compared to other things going on in the world?

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Craig, you and I think on a common wave.

Of course this is getting far more coverage than it should. It's part of the media's obsession with the most shocking, scandalous, and (let's face it) irrelevant issues among those we face in the modern world.

Does anyone remember, about two weeks ago, when every network and cable news channel couldn't talk enough about Lori Hacking? They tried to turn her into the next Lacey Peterson (i.e, an overhyped story caricatured into a sex/murder/lies scandal they'd be able to talk about for the next six months).

It's sad, but the news is turning more and more into a half-hour deluge of gossip/entertainment than one of actual news.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:07 am: Edit

anyone with half a legal brain can tell you that Peterson will be innocent. The prosecution has no physical evidence, only weak circumstancial evidence... no weapon... nothing

Plus they are screwing up the .2% chance they initially had royaly. This cake is already served for Geragos.

By Hayden (Hayden) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

Anyone else out there think he did it, will be found innocent, and that's the right verdict? I think he probably did it, but I think he should be acquitted. Scubasteve is right - the evidence just isn't enough to make a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

With the evidence the prosecution's got, if you applied it to the Utah case, you'd have convicted that drifter from the trailer park.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

"Please don't take this the wrong way because it is a tragedy, but don't you think that this case is getting more coverage than it should at least compared to other things going on in the world?"

How would I take this the wrong way? There are things the media does that are just unexplainable. While the uproar about Jon Benet Ramsey was going on, there was a 9-year old girl in the projects of Chicago murdered. She was found raped, with roach spray sprayed in her mouth, and her panties around her neck on a rooftop. Apparently, she didn't inspire the same amount of outrage. What does Paris Hilton do? I don't know, but I can't turn the TV on without seeing her half-naked body strewn across it.

I think a lot of people that talk about the case don't really know a lot about the evidence, which is circumstancial, but in its totality, I wouldn't categorize as weak. If you go to the CourtTV message boards, you can actually find actual fanatics (they put amateurs like me to shame) that really know their stuff, but believe me, they will crush you if they suspect you don't know even the most minor of details, which most don't. Initially, the prosecution screwed up, but by all accounts recently, they have stepped up their game. The only real danger they face is overplaying their hand. I think Frey is witness #102(?), and they are only a little way over the halfway mark. The longer trials last, the better chance a defendant has at being acquitted.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page