Favorite NYC Restaurants?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Favorite NYC Restaurants?
By Mom101 (Mom101) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

Kid's and parents, what are your favorite restaurants in NYC?

By Prez419 (Prez419) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

Ruby's Foos in Times Square
Broomestreet Bar in SOHO

By Vancat (Vancat) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:41 am: Edit

Koronet's Pizza right next to Columbia. Pizza slices as big as your chest.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:03 am: Edit

Jan, you have opened a can of worms. You should know better than to do open a discussion about food and restaurants when I am on the prowl! LOL

Daniel is my absolute favorite restaurant in NYC!!!

And Vancat, how do you know how big...er...forgetaboutit! hehe

By Cognitio (Cognitio) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

Daniel is fabulous. I also love Jean-George's restaurants (particularly Jean George itself, in Trump Hotel on CPW). That's expensive dining though. For great, cheap food...hmm, Peppe Rosso in SoHo...AMAZING italian food!

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

Hhhhmmm...I live in NYC and have never heard of these places...I really need to get out more.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:55 am: Edit

Jean George is also awesome Cognito. I mean, NYC has a dozen such restaurants...but Daniel's atmosphere is hard to match.

By Rachelvishy (Rachelvishy) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

cognito.... Jean George's is awesome.. I love his Nougatine Room for lunch- amazing!

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Tony's in Time Square is wonderful and cheap to boot. The servings are huge and the atmosphere is very upscale.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

Ahh the memories of NYC....

By Glamourbaby19 (Glamourbaby19) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

I totally agree with Koronet's Pizza, Vancat. Not only are the slices huge, they are also good and cheap!

By Bebere87 (Bebere87) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:02 pm: Edit

Going to Jean George´s is a wonderful experience, they really make you feel like royalty. Nobu is also a fantastic New Asian place, for experimental/gourmet sushi fanatics. For cheap eats, I adore the International Soup Kitchen (home of the Soup Nazi of Seinfeld fame). Each soup comes with some really nice bread and fruit--just make sure you´ve got you can say your order smoothly by the time you get to the counter!

I´m much more familiar with Long Island restaurants, though...Any LI dining conoisseurs here?

By Hammertime (Hammertime) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

The Grammercy Tavern is amazing, but very expensive. It's a great experience eating there.

Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's tex-mex style restaurant is great, and has an interesting menu.

Virgil's Barbeque has great barbeque food, but is a little touristy. For a less touristy barbeque option, try Blue Smoke.

For steak, The Palm is excellent. Michael Jordan's Steakhouse in Grand Central isn't bad either, but is rather pricey, like many good steakhouses, unfortunately.

Oh, and of course you have to love the original Ray's Pizza.

OK, I'm out....and now I'm hungry.

By Abrandel05 (Abrandel05) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 03:48 am: Edit

on 49th between 8th and 9th is Churruscaria, quite good, famous and rich people eat there all the time

By Mom101 (Mom101) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

Thanks everyone, Where is the soup Nazi place, I want to go! Also, is Churruscaria a Brazilian Rodizio restuarant? My favorite if it is!

By Oceanblue52 (Oceanblue52) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Cafe Mozart off Broadway and....70th? Somewhere in the 70's. Anyway, its not too expensive and the foods really yummy :)

By Stopps86 (Stopps86) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Amore's is amazing! It's right next to my brother's dorm at NYU and they have baked ziti pizza that is to die for!!! The pieces are huge... it's my lifelong goal to finish one in one sitting! It'll never happen... :(

By Exonian04 (Exonian04) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

Viand's

perfect for a low key lunch uptown

By Sopranosweety6 (Sopranosweety6) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Tao- its awesome for the atmosphere and of course the food is good as well

Jean's on 11th and broadway is fabulous.....I am biased though, my best friend's dad owns it lol

By Mom101 (Mom101) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

I leave tomorrow, any more suggestions. And Alexandre, if you're out there, I'm meeting my first CCer and I chose Cafe Boulud in your honor.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:52 pm: Edit

Cafe Boulud is excellent. I would like to arrange a meeting with CCers someday. Meeting you guys face to face would be a real treat.

By Annakat (Annakat) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

FLORENT on gansevoort (best steak frites in town), a hip all-night french diner in the meat-packing district. delicious and cheap, too.

By Nikdanger (Nikdanger) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:40 am: Edit

Mr Chows

By Nyc33 (Nyc33) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

Artisanal (prob spelled that wrong), Haru, NOBU etc

By Tongos (Tongos) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:17 pm: Edit

Wo Hop.

By Songman (Songman) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:54 pm: Edit

CANDI......how is Washington Square these days. I graduated from NYU in 1980! I'll bet it changed a bit? maybe not?

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

I'd like to be able to put a face to all your CC people, they really should bring back the profile picture feature.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

mom101, i'd recommend, if the weather calls for it, spending some time at the World Financial Center and eating outdoors by the river there.

By Disappear_Here (Disappear_Here) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 01:01 am: Edit

yes, i agree. Viand's is good. cheap, quick, clean, yummy. though when it's busy, it's crazy in there!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page