Finding Yourself

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Finding Yourself
By Darkemperor007 (Darkemperor007) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Any thoughts?

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Try google.

By Spit (Spit) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

hahah
Seriously though,thats kind of a vast and vague topic, care to elaborate?

By Darkemperor007 (Darkemperor007) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 08:39 pm: Edit

Who are you? How did you do discover who you are? Did it happen automatically? Did it take a while? Did u always know? Or are u still searching?

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

I never went through a "finding myself" phase, and I don't think I ever will. I've always known exactly who I am. I'm Elizabeth- I like pink dresses and ice hockey, I like reading and movies, I like playing the piano and being around my friends. I'm smart and compassionate, but I'm also sometimes impatient and critical. I have blue eyes and curly dark hair- and I'm fine with it. I know my own morals, and I know what's right and wrong for me. I know exactly what I like and don't like. I don't change for anyone, and no one expects me to. I think everyone knows to some extent who they are. It's more a matter of being comfortable with yourself. Does that help?

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

I never feel like I don't know who I am, but I don't try to define myself because I'm 17, and I'm changing every day!

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

This thread sounds like a bad Lifetime movie (I'm being redundant here- all Lifetime movies are bad.)

By Glowingamy (Glowingamy) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Yes people are always changing! And it's better NOT to know who you are because if you've taken the time to find out you probably assume you're going to stay that way and when you don't you won't know who you are but you'll be a step behind because you'll think you do. That aside I wish I knew who I'll be in 2 or 3 years so I can tell what kind of crazy glasses etc. not to buy, don't you?

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

i went to find myself. If i come here before i get back, keep me here.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

I'm right over there! See that one kid? No, not him, that kid behind the other kid, yeah, him.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:59 am: Edit

Find... yourself. Did you "lose" yourself? I don't know what the fuss about "finding" yourself is. To be honest, I think most folks are searching not for "themselves" but for their beliefs-- y'know, that whole metaphysical makeup that contends why or why not you belong on this Earth, what drives you, etc., etc. Found myself? You bet man. Found my beliefs-- I've got the framework but man, this faux finish on the walls might take me a lifetime.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

My beliefs were behind the dresser, I found them hiding there last Tuesday.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:50 am: Edit

I googled myself once. They gave me links to some Chinese medicine online store.

By Allena (Allena) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:59 pm: Edit

I agree with what Glowingamy said. People are dynamic, we do change who we are. Sometimes it is such a long and slow change that we don't even notice it, however it has occured. Don't go searching for yourself, you'll find it all in due time.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Check under the sofa cushions. It's always the first and last place I look.

By Alphamom (Alphamom) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

It's important to set your basic morals and ethics so that people can trust you. Beyond that no one can find themselves because life will change you daily, physically, emotionally, and mentally as circumstances occur. At some point you must decide what or who you can commit to for the long haul, as many people who insist on finding themselves are really avoiding issues that face the mature adult. Basically you are who you choose to be, so waiting for some other-world revelation is a waste of time:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page