Anyone into FIRST Robotics???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone into FIRST Robotics???
By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:25 pm: Edit

Just wondering if any of yall were into FIRST robotics...

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

i tried to do it but couldnt get the money for a school team. but yeah i was interested. im goin off to college now and will take a course on robotices in the spring. Maybe i can mentor a team.

if anyone wants to start a team and needs financial advice, ask me, i learned a lot. (and did get an offer for 10 grand, albeit too late)

By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Something we did (it was our rookie year 2 years ago) was wrote letters to big corporations in town. We got our money in small pieces.. $500 here $1000 there, and some places that weren't doing well monetarily helped us with labor (engineers, mechanics, welders, etc.) If you're looking to mentor, try FIRST's website... they have a whole section on mentoring. Or you could just search for teams in your area, contact em, and ask em if they want help :D

By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Oh yeah.... and if you havn't ever been to one of the events, I suggest you do. It's GREAT!!! Walk around the pits and talk to teams... you might find they need more help than they let on.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page