Anyone else into archery?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone else into archery?
By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

Hi guys! I was just wondering if any other people my age out there are into archery? My dad has been taking me out shooting since I was three, and I would go with him and my brothers quite frequently. I used ot be pretty good, until we moved and couldn't find a range. Well, after three years of not shooting (it KILLED me!) we have finally found a range to go to yay! But I told my friends, because I was very excited, and I realized that no one my age is into archery, and they especially think it is weird because I am a girl. Is anyone else out there into archery?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

ME TOO! I like archery and I'm a girl too.

This is such a small world.... I'm not that amazing though, it takes me awhile to get the bull's eye though but it's fun.

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Awesome! I used to be good but I am very rusty after not going shooting for THREE YEARS. But it is nice to know another girl is into it! How old are you?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

I'm 15. I love pulling the cord, it's the best part. I've been doing only during the summer when i have time.

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Cool! I love releasing it and watching the arrow fly. I didn't realize it was you who posted that, Ivy, I was in a hurry when I replied. You post a lot, and I have always thought you and I had some things in common. Guess this proves it. I'm 16. I always thought you were older lol.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

bow and arrow...boring... double barrow shot gun shooting clay pigeons...not boring,pry b/c i have never shot a good bow meaning more than 200$+, i pry should gt into it,whats a good bow

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

I used to teach it to kids at a summer camp in my youth. Great fun! You are not weird.

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

A good bow is subjective. You can probably fidn a good one if you go to a range or a tournament. It depends on if you want compound or recurve. You also have to look at the draw weights and length. I never really shopped for one, my dad always did it, and I have never had a "cheap" one. I am looking for a new one right now though, because my compound got broken when we moved.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page