1776 --

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: 1776 --
By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:16 am: Edit

Has anyone watched this movie in their history class? It's fun.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:07 am: Edit

You mean the musical? Yes, that is good, although I just watched on my own time, because I'm cool like that.

By Genova (Genova) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:25 am: Edit

I actually saw it performed at a local community college back when I was in fifth grade, but we own the video, too. Nerdily enough, that year I did my project on the accuracy of the clothing in the film.

By Peacefulchaos (Peacefulchaos) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 05:12 pm: Edit

hahaa that movie (1776) is HILARIOUS. esp with ben franklin seeing "la la la" in the background

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Has anyone seen that part, Cool Considerate Men? I think the guy who plays Dickinson sings "Hosanna, Hosanna!" really great..

By Rachelvishy (Rachelvishy) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

I saw it on broadway a long time ago! I still remember it- my first broadway show@

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:52 pm: Edit

I've been int he show actually. I was Abigail. A logn time ago, like in middle school.

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

we watched it in my american government class last year. hehe. funny stuff.

i especially liked the song and dance number where the founding fathers are arguing over who has to stay and write the declaration of independence and who got to go home and shack up with their wives. hah.

By Itsrainingpants (Itsrainingpants) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Never want to see William Daniels sing again. He's much better as Mr. Feeney in Boy Meets World.

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:57 am: Edit

Yeah. Daniels doesn't sing too well, now does he.

I actually borrowed the DVD from the teacher I tutor for (I tutor her class).. It's cool going over the song and dance numbers.

Vegangirl: You mean "But Mr. Adams?" That's pretty funny. It's the first and only time I've heard a Founding Father say "Hell no"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page