2004 OLYMPICS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: 2004 OLYMPICS
By Aussie_Girl (Aussie_Girl) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

The place to chat about all ur fav olympic moments :)

got up at 2.30 this morning to watch thorpe flatten phelps and van den hoogenband!!!!GO YOU GOOD THING!

http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/17/1092508393606.html

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. They were playing up the whole Thorpe-Phelps rivalry that not many people knew there was another world champion swimmer who had the potential to um, BEAT THEM. I was hoping hoogenband would get first, just to amuse me, but at least he beat phelps!

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 01:39 am: Edit

oh yeah, and I've had a few favorite olympic moments so far. I thought it was awesome to see those greek syncronized divers come out of nowhere to beat all the favorites and take first. And then there was a basketball moment- I didn't watch the game except the very end, but I saw this part. It was between serbia and montenegro and argentina, and serbia was down by a point with four seconds remaining when their player was fouled and they got a free throw. Well the player sunk the free throw and the entire serbian team on the bench was already celebrating when argentina gained posession, passed their way down the court, and threw up a crooked shot just as the buzzer sounded that went in and put them up by one. I never watch basketball, but that was a classic moment.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 05:44 am: Edit

I thought the male gymnasts were *amazing*. I was just so awe stricken to see how tremendously well most of them did under pressure to deliver or lose.

By Conker (Conker) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

Vegangirl, that guy who made the last shot was Ginobili, who plays for the Spurs, I believe.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

I'm in love with Aaron Peirsol, who won gold in backstroke. he's f*cking hot.

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

I really like Michael Phelps when he's swimming or getting ready to swim or when he gives those short responses after a race... but does anyone else notice or think that he looks like a different person when he just talks by himself for awhile (like when they show clips of the athletes talking to the camera about various subjects)?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

One of those Iraqi guys are hot!

I'm really liking the mens free style swim. Those South Africans are quick!

By Neo (Neo) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

If we're going to get all "such and such is hot", then I've got to put in a word for the romanian gymnasts...

mmmm...

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Neo, do a search for a "Gold Bird Corina" when no one else is around - you will be pleasantly surprised.

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 12:39 am: Edit

hah, she must be one of the ones that posed nude, huh?

some of those gymnasts are so young it scares me. In that sport, people MY AGE are winning medals. makes me feel like I should be doing something with my life! hehe. I saw the 15 year old swimmer today too, Katie Hoff. Holy crap. she's great! And she'll be around for a while.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 01:07 am: Edit

Nah, this particular girl (and a few others) did gymnastics in the nude for some Japanese DVD. Think about that for a second, guys, then decide what you need to do.

By Peacefulchaos (Peacefulchaos) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

DAMN on the replay of the relay... phelps and thorpe were anchors.. American won by .13 of a second!!! ahhhh :)

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:13 am: Edit

Great race! The Americans were way ahead and then once Thorpe came in they were neck in neck. The Americans won because their last guy was an inch taller than Thorpe! Overall, the American team is stronger.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:31 am: Edit

That was the second greatest race I've ever seen (greatest was basically the same situation, but it was my high school 400 free relay just out-touching our big rival in the last meet, thus going undefeated for the season ).

By Ericlu87 (Ericlu87) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:41 am: Edit

good stuff

By Peacefulchaos (Peacefulchaos) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

congrats to carly patterson, that was awesome.

btw, here's a fine male specimen:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/booshgal33/Olympics/phelps_12.jpg

do ya see that olympic ring tattoo??? *drool*

By Rachelvishy (Rachelvishy) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

woahhhh awesome picture

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

this is random, but i thought it was interesting. i was wathching the Germany Nigeria soccer match and a German water girl was handing out water bottles. A Nigerian player went to take a bottle, but the water girl didnt let her hav it and gave it to a german player right behind the Nigerian. THe water is all over the sidelines during htese games, it seemed wrong for htis girl to deny the nigerian water.

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

I watched the game, but I didn't see that. Stuff like that isn't good sportsmanship, but sometimes, it's how the people on the sidelines behave.

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Oh, and Aim -- I just...err...caught a glimpse of what you mentioned up there.

Nice :^)

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

"+Big Boys"
"+Robb's"

You will be pleased. This type of thing is too damn important not to be shared with others. I felt selfish being the only one, now you know too, my son.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Well Peacefulchaos and Rachel, if Phelps is your type, you ladies should head for the University of Michigan...that's where he will be spending the next years. hehe

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page