Princeton Review Admissions Selectivity Ratings

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Princeton Review Admissions Selectivity Ratings
By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

Anyone been to princetonreview.com lately? The admissions selectivity ratings for almost all colleges has skyrocketed. Examples : Emory went from 94 to 99, Auburn from 82 to 90, and etc.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please respond cause this is horrible. Don't tell me colleges are being this hardcore on admissions.

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:29 pm: Edit

My guess would be that it's PrincetonReview being stupid rather than admissions at the colleges suddenly spiking.

I got into several schools that were listed as "reaches" for me with zero problems.

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 04:25 pm: Edit

wheww, thank god cause i was getting nervous.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

I think it is much harder to be admitted now.
I know people who thought that they had a shot at ivy leaques ending up at (TIC_ Canadian schools!
That is great that harp girl was admitted to her reaches but I know people who didn't get admitted to their matches.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

hmm i think tulane is like a 98 or somethign else crazy high..

woo hoo

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Rollins is my reach...

By Shadow67 (Shadow67) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:24 am: Edit

Can someone tell me how I can view the selectivity ranking??? cause i can't find it...it would also help if someone can copy and paste a portion of it on here if it is not too much trouble...thank you!

By Yugekorb (Yugekorb) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 06:16 am: Edit

type in a college under search, click the link for that college in the search results, and on the first page, there will be a selectivity ranking. i think its the first one

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:01 am: Edit

Well, when I did the stupid thing, I had NO reach schools. All the top schools were "good matches."

Stupid, stupid thing.

By Ainsley727 (Ainsley727) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Yes at PR they are all on crack. A much better way to predict accept/reject is to visit school's websites and see the avg. SAT/ACT scores, % of students in top 10%, etc.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page