Michael Phelps wins the 400-meter individual medley

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Michael Phelps wins the 400-meter individual medley
By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Can you imagine what it must be like to be able to say that at a particular moment in time you are the best 400 IM swimmer in the world? Any predictions on how many gold medals Phelps gets?

By F3arxn03vil (F3arxn03vil) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

I was jumping up and down when he broke the record. hehe. I'm predicting 4 golds.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 03:34 am: Edit

I want Thorpedo to kick his ass tomorrow.

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:28 pm: Edit

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I love Michael Phelps and want him to kick thorpe's ass (no real animosity towards thorpe... just american pride and the fact that i want phelps to prove him wrong that going for that goal of matching/reaching/passing spitz's record is "impossible" (even though he can't get 8 golds anymore))

call me optimistic but I'm still rooting for the ther 6 golds and don't want to predict anything lower ;)

By F3arxn03vil (F3arxn03vil) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Thorpe is hot, but I'm still a Phelps fan!

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]

dammit!!! I was spoiled and I didn't even want to be... i went on the nbc olymics site and found out that thorpe beat phelps for the gold... and phelps didn't even get silver. DAMMIT

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

Well, I think a really large part of getting that many golds is the competition. Since Phelps is swimming against some of the greatest men's swimmers of all time, he has a much harder time getting so many golds than if he were swimming with the same talents of a few years back.

I predicted that he'd get 5 golds. Let's see how it turns out.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:01 pm: Edit

I don't really care about national pride, the talent is what matters. Thorpe is awesome.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

At the risk of sounding pointless and shallow: Phelps is much better looking.

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

that's what confuses me... (joining the shallowness) phelps has an amazing body of course and he's either much better-looking... or funny-looking depending on what he's doing/wearing/saying... Ian thorpe is more consistent on the cuteness and he doesn't look weird when he talks

anyway- still miffed about phelp's bronze [though it's the fastest he's swam the 200m free and set an american record]... anyone know why he chose to swim that rather than the backstroke??? (other than he wanted to compete againt the "best")?

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Thorpe's got the more unique face, which makes it somewhat easier on the eyes. And he's an inch taller and wears size 17 shoes.

I say this as a staunch heterosexual. I think...

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:21 pm: Edit

hahahahahhahah

well michael has "magic hands" and size 14 feet.... and a wingspan three inches than his body length

lol

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page