Math question





Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Math question
By Zacdizzle (Zacdizzle) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Lets say i have a 90 percent in my class.

all of this 90 percent is coming from homework.

homework is worth 72 percent and The other 28 percent of your grade is the final exam.


the final exam is composed of 50 questions.

how many can i miss and still keep my A?
formula?

By Astroscholar88 (Astroscholar88) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

If A=90%...



You can miss 5 questions on the final exam

90% X 72 = 64.8


64.8 + x =90
x=25.2
25.2/28=90%
90% x 50 = 45
50-45 = 5 questions

HW + final exam = grade (percent)
64.8 + 25.2 = 90 (A)


Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page