# of classes

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: # of classes
By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 03:39 am: Edit

I'm a rising senior, I was just wondering about how many classes do people take in college per semester? Are people able to do well with 4 classes?

By Simba (Simba) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 10:28 am: Edit

Depends on your major, college and # of AP credits. Most degrees require about 120-130 credit hours or about 40-43 subjects.

By Allena (Allena) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 01:57 pm: Edit

Most people take 12-15 units at my CC... I'll be up at 22 units for the fall, which is considered extreme. It all depends on how much you personally can handle.

By Onnihs (Onnihs) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

In community college, i tried not to exceed 12 units (4 classes) primarily because I wanted to keep my GPA up. To compensate, I took full loads of summer classes.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

This is already on the college life but to answer your question, the average is 3 to 4 per sem.

By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

Yes sorry I accidentally posted twice! But thanks for your responses! I was just curious because I was worried about the surprisingly large number of students who do not graduate in 4 years.... I want to take as many courses as I can manage, if I can help it.

By Chemgirl (Chemgirl) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Like others have mentioned, it really depends on how much you personally can handle and what the classes are. I took 25 units last semester, which was extremely difficult, though I managed to pull a 4.0 anyways. I'm only taking 17 units this fall though, because I have to take Physics, O-Chem, Calculus, Bible, Wellness, and Third World Issues all at the same time...
In any case, good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page