Yngwie Malmsteen

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Yngwie Malmsteen
By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Who here listens to his music? I absolutely love his guitar concerto.

By Zero (Zero) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Some of his stuff is rad, but I hate him so much as a person that it's hard for me to listen to him...out of guitar studs i prefer Satriani....or best of all, Buckethead

By Immortal (Immortal) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Yngwie kicks ass; I especially like the song "Like an Angel."

By Benjamin (Benjamin) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:04 pm: Edit

He is amazing, arguably the best shredder alive.

By Normandy6644 (Normandy6644) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

Yngwie is one hell of a guitar player. I saw him live with Satriani and Vai last year. One of the greatest shows ever. Yngwie is fast, Vai is eclectic, and Satriani is melodic. They are all great.

By the way, anyone who likes this stuff should get "An Evening With John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess." 80 minutes of guitar and piano together. Fantastic.

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Slash or Halen , Chet, Hendrix and Vaughn
Malmsteen Vai and Satriani are top tech players but music isnt about being technical or fast, too much theory and speed for the sake of speed in their playing. music needs a helathy dose of soul,

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Yeah, give me the soulful/grinding guitar wailings and heartfelt lyrics of Rivers Cuomo (Weezer frontman) anyday...I just can't listen to Malmsteem for very long- he's too cold and sterile.

By Normandy6644 (Normandy6644) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

Listen to Satriani again. Yngwie is more of a "speed because i can" player, but Satriani and Vai are much more inspired and melodic. Check out the Satriani anthology where he explains where all his songs (on the album) came from. I like him much better than Yngwie, though some of Yngwie's classical stuff is fantastic.

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

all three are a bit cold and sterile , music needs no explaining of where it came from

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page