ABC Primetime *08-05-04*

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: ABC Primetime *08-05-04*
By Brockpojo767 (Brockpojo767) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Did anyone watch this? It was a primtime series on the abc network and it included a section on polgamists in colorado city, arizona. I was so angered by this clip. Not for people making it but for the horror I saw on this news brief. I was utterly amazed. Anyone else want to offer anything on the subject of this or mormans in general.

Im trying hard not to judge people but I really think this whole thing is completly wrong.The people of this city in arizona lived a very different lifestyle than me or anyone else I know. Men had more than one wife, families consisted of 25 siblings or more, and young girls were being married to 30 to 40 year old men. Their whole life is run by religion that doesnt make sense to me.

I also want to ask if anybody knows where this event took place: It was a massavie suicide somewhere in colorado, I think, where members of a cult drank cianide(sp?) because their religious leader told them too. This scared me a lot by how many people were killed in this act.I think the news said it was in a thousand and something.

Anyways, if anyone has more information on any of the above, please post back with whatever you have. Thanks for reading and asking yourself if this is right or wrong.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

to be perfectly honest polygamy is every man's fantasy, and this is a double standard b/c i dont see you "barking" about Hue's Hefners polygamist "ways",hes sleeeping w/ many girls but not legally married

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

Last time I checked, Hefner wasn't forcing anyone.

By Brockpojo767 (Brockpojo767) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

Polygamy is not every man's fantasy. Proven by me. I am a guy I do not wish to have more than one wife or anything.

I can see how your view on this maybe a double standard by the comment you made above but I am keeping this in the lines of polgamy and mormans. If you wish for me to make a comment on Hue Hefner then I will but you have no power over my speech or will.

By Brockpojo767 (Brockpojo767) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

Thanks Craigk for that comment!

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:24 pm: Edit

It's Hugh by the way.

Don't listen to him by the way -- I'm pretty sure he's said even more absurd things on this board.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page